Chapter Two

Classes were boring as per usual, lunch on campus was pretty gross but at the very least it was edible. Kind of edible, you ate a salad so there's not a lot that can be done to fuck that up. After all of your classes you go back to your dorm, you don't have a roommate which is cool but you do have “friends” in the rest of the building. Once you flop down on your bed you get a message on your phone, it's one of those friends asking if you wanted to go to the bar. A smile takes over your features, “I have to study for a test tomorrow buuuuuut I think I'd rather get shitfaced.” You ponder that thought for about half a second before responding with a simple, “Hell yeah!” And start getting ready for a night out.

You don't really like getting hit on while at the bar because that's normally where creepy soon-to-be ex-husbands tend to go to look for young ladies, so you wore a pair of worn skinny jeans and a simple black cropped top. You also threw on the same worn black Converse and you even did your hair a little bit differently, a braid, just a messy braid. Mascara and eyeliner is all the makeup you put on, then there's a knock on your door.

As you answer the door three of your “friends” come in being loud about how excited they are that you're going with them. You grab your phone and keys and go out to your car, you're the only person with a car out of the three other girls so you always take your car. As of right now, none of you guys know who's going to be the designated driver, you won't know until you get to the bar. You and your friends came up with a system on how to choose the loser for the night, its rock, paper, scissors. All at once we go and the first one to lose is the designated driver for the night.

So, you lost. Now you gotta sit back and watch everyone else drink while you drink a bunch of water and eat some loaded fries. You honestly feel like this is wack and need another go at it but they won't let you because normally you're the best at rock, paper, scissors. You sit there talking with your already drunk friends and when they all decide to dance the way they always do, you join as always. You don't absolutely need alcohol to have fun but it helps a lot.

While dancing with your “friends” you feel someone tap on your shoulder, you turn around to see a moderately attractive guy. He had decently long hair that was obviously bleached because the roots were brown, he was wearing a shitton of rings, and his nails were painted red and black. You smile awkwardly and ask what he wants, “Oh, well, I thought you would have remembered me but we met last night and, uh, well never mind actually. Sorry to bother you.” You realize that this must have been the guy that messaged you this morning.

You sigh, “Look, dude,” he turns around to look at you again, “whatever happened last night wasn't a serious thing. It was just a fling, okay?” He furrowed his eyebrows, “We didn't hook up last night, I took you back to your place and then left.” You roll your eyes, “Yeah I'm sure that a guy who goes to this university just took a drunk girl home without taking advantage of her.” He glared at you and huffed out slightly, “If anything you were the one wanting to fuck, I was just making sure you got home safe after your friends left you at a party by yourself.” He walks away and retreats to his group of friends.

You wanted to keep dancing and have fun with your group of friends but your mood was kind of wrecked after that guy tried telling you that he didn't do anything but take you home last night, he doesn't have to lie about something like that it's happened before. You sit at your table drinking nothing but water, looking around the bar and occasionally scrolling through your Instagram. Honestly at this point you just want to leave and go to bed, your friends always leave you when you’re wasted and can’t drive home. That’s definitely something you wanted to do but knew you couldn’t, they would be pissed and then stop inviting you to go out and drink and that’s the whole reason why you hang out with them and listen to their dumb bullshit about the frat douchebags that all of them have fucked behind the other girls’ backs. You sigh and roll your eyes, these girls suck and all you want to do is call your actual friend. With that thought in mind you go outside the door of the bar and pull out your phone and dial your friends number, hoping she’ll answer. The phone rings for what seems like forever before you hear a sleepy voice answer with a simple, “Yes?”

“Jess, sorry to wake you up,” you sigh and shake your head, “I just needed to talk but if you’re trying to sleep I can hang up.” You hear a chuckle, “Since when did sleep mean more than my best friend?” You smile and laugh, “I guess you’re right,” you can hear her shuffle around, “I always come first.” You both start laughing. “What’s the matter though, (Y/N)?” You sigh for about the thousandth time today, “It’s nothing really, just the fact that I’m at a bar and I’m not drinking.” Jess laughs, “Oh, so you finally lost?” You sigh exasperatedly and chuckle, “Yeah, but some dude ruined my sober mood that only sleep or alcohol can fix.” She chuckles, “What happened with the guy?” You sigh and start rubbing your temples, “I guess I hooked up with some dude last night and don’t remember it because, as always, I was wasted,” you’re interrupted by a snort and giggle, “anyway, he messaged me this morning and I ignored it thinking he’d get the hint but then while at the bar he came up to me and said that he didn’t hook up with me and all he did was take me home.” Jess is dead quiet, “Did you want to sleep with him or?” You snort, “No! I just know that he’s lying, no guy at this school is respectable like that. I was at a frat house party too.” She sighs, “I can guarantee that some guys at your school are like that,” I chuckle, “I go here and I’ve met most of the guys that go here and pretty much all of them are the same frat douchebags that take advantage of any drunk girls that crosses their paths.”

You hear the bar door open but don’t pay any mind to it because you’re bestie doesn’t seem to trust your say so. “I don’t think all of the guys you meet at parties are most of them that go there. What if he went to his first party last night?” You snort, “Or he was the designated driver for the first time!” You both start cracking up, and that’s when the guy standing next to you caught your attention. “What are you laughing about, pretty lady?” He’s slurring his words and the small of alcohol is strong in his breath, you give him a sideways glance and an idea pops into your head. “Yeah, babe, classes have been fine and I’ve been staying out of trouble.” Jess starts firing off questions but you continue to go on with your plan, “Yeah, I love you too and can't wait to see you this next coming break.” The guy just stood there and stared, slightly stumbling. “You talkin’ to your boyfriend, pretty lady?” He steps closer and you step slightly away from him, “I bet I could do way better than he can.” He continues to advance towards you, one stumbling step at a time, you stay on the phone so Jess knows what's going on.

“Dude, I'd like it if you'd leave me alone. I'm not interested in whatever drug fucked up your teeth.” He chuckled, “You're a lil funny one, huh?” He keeps stumbling towards you, he grabs your wrist and tries pulling you closer to him. A yelp leaves your lips and you pull away, but his grip is surprisingly strong and you can't get away. The door to the bar opens and you hope whoever is coming out sees what's happening. The drunk dude pulled you but you stayed still, you were pulling against his grip as much as you could. Jess was freaking out so much that she woke up her parents to figure out what to do, then a finger taps on the shoulder of the drunkard. He turns around and loosens his grip, you yanked your hand away from him, the person who tapped his shoulder was the mystery guy from earlier.