Chapter Eight

You were only really shocked for a few seconds, realizing that it was most likely just a joke. Why else would he use the winky face? It's a joke, a prank if you will. You hop onto your computer and start editing, after about an hour of editing you got invited to a call with John. You talk and edit together, neither one of you mentioning the message. After about 5 hours of editing you were not only far from done but needed to upload one of the videos, you upload the one you finished first and got right back to editing the other ones. 3 more hours and John mentioned the fact that the party was going to start soon, you shrug and tell him that being late is the thing to do. So you edit for a solid 30 minutes before calling it quits and deciding to shower and get ready.

You throw on a pair of ripped to shit black jeans and a plain white t-shirt with a boob pocket, you decide to throw on your black leather jacket over it and put a white knitted beanie loosely on your head. You slip your white high top Converse and grab your phone, sliding it into your back pocket. There's a knock on the door and you open it to reveal John, he was wearing a t-shirt with Japanese writing on it and black skinny jeans. You notice his neat brown boots too, complementing them. You walk out of your room and lock the door, walking to his car and immediately hoping in. "Dude, I'm so ready to get fucked up." All John does is chuckle and agree. The rest of the ride there was silent but a comfortable one.

Once he pulled up to the Misfits house you hopped out of the car and jogged up to the door with Johm following closely behind. The door was opened before you could even think to knock on it, it was Eric. You smile and wave at him, "How's it go?" He chuckles and holds out his arms, offering the sweetest form of friendship greeting there is. You hug him and pull away, looking back at John, he got a hug next. Not a normal hug though, the bro hug that tells everyone in the surrounding area that they aren't gay and that they are in fact only friends. Eric opens the door wide and you all enter the immediate area, it wasn't really packed but there were quite a few people. Drunk or high was the state of most of them and you couldn't wait to join one of those categories, maybe even both.

John shows you to the kitchen and you both grab some drinks. While drinking and talking you were joined by Cameron, who was taller than what you remembered. He also greets you with a hug and John with the no homo bro hug thing. He talks with you guys for a few minutes before you hear a screech, oh no, you knew that screech. Suddenly you saw Maddi stomping over to you, only two basic bitches remained in her little crusaders club. She glares at me, "I thought you only went to parties because of us? Why are you here if you aren't with us?" You roll your eyes, "Probably because I'm friends with the guys who live here." She looked up at Cam and then over to John. She began spluttering her eyelashes at John, he scoffed and wrapped and arm around your waist. The action not only confused you but also made you stiffen, you looked up at him and furrowed your eyebrows. All he did was look Maddi in the eyes and stated, "I brought (Y/N) for a sort of first date thing." He tried sounding confident but it fell flat after the word thing.

She glares between the two of you, she was about to say something but then Cameron spoke up, "Who even invited you?" She looks over at him and smiled sweetly, "Mason." Cam chuckles and shakes his head. "Mason wasn't supposed to invite anyone unless I gave him the okay, so I think it's time for you to leave." Her mouth fell open and she started doing that thing where she was closing and opening her mouth repeatedly to the point that she looked like a fish. You chuckled and she turned her attention to you and before you knew what was happening, she slapped you across the face. Your head stays turned to the side, your mouth set agape like hers was only moments ago. Everyone was still from pure shock, Maddi starts to spout nonsense about how you deserved it and how you were the bitch. The shock sets aside and you slowly turn your face to look at her.

Without even thinking your launch your body at hers, she screams and falls to the floor. You start ripping out locks of her hair and scratching at her face, all she does is put her arms up in defense and scream. John and Cameron quickly separate you from her, you kick and thrash as you weren't done with the whore. You start yelling, "Not so tough now are you, you skank!" She gets up and quickly runs out of the house, looking scared for her life. Her cronies stay behind in shock, only to quickly scamper off when you attempt to jump at them to. You were still so incredibly angry that you kept thrashing and yelling at the guys, you're quickly silenced when John turns you to face him and he hugs you. Your muscles relax instantly, he runs your back soothingly.

After a minute or two of calming down you sit up on the kitchen's island and talk about how bad but relieved you felt. Luckily, everyone understood and went back to partying. You started drowning drinks left and right, John went way slower than you did. After quite a few drinks, you honestly lost count but its whatever, you were pretty much fucked up. John wasn't really even close to drunk, but you knew that he was doing that so he could drive. Since you were fucked up you were obviously making a fool of yourself, singing goofily to the songs that were playing and telling John about some embarrassing stories. He was just chuckling along with everything, he even started to sing with you. You ruffle up his bleached hair and smile, "You know, you're really cute." A pink tint covers his cheeks and he chuckles, "No wonder Maddi likes you enough to try and fight me." He knits his eyebrows together and you giggle, "You're such a funny, nice, and cute guy. I'd fight a bitch for you too." And then your eyes brighten up, "I guess you could say I already have."

John finally starts to speak back, "You don't mean that, you're just drunk." You shrug, "You can believe what you want, but all I know it that I not only believe you and you should believe me." He looks at you quizzically, "Believe me?" You nod and giggle, "I know we didn't hook up, you respect wahmen and I know that now. I believe you." He smiles, "How long have you believed me?" You giggle and shrug, "Probably after that first day we actually hung out." He chuckles and just smiles, he looks so happy. A giggle leaves your lips once again and you lean over to him, kissing his cheek. 

He looks shocked but quickly shakes himself out of it and just smiles. Wow, you really do like this guy, huh? How could you have not started forming some sort of middle school type crush on him? He was just so sweet and funny, not to mention cute. You roll your eyes, well this is clique now isn't it?