Chapter Sixteen - Someone's Knocking

"You what?" asked Beverly, moving her fringe out of her face and marking herself with the blue paint of Richie and Eddie's new bedroom. "No way."

"I did!" said Richie, wrapping his arm around Eddie's waist. "Didn't I, Eds?"

"Yes, he did flash his dick at the leader of the conversion camp." sighed Eddie though he was secretly amused. "And then sang Y.M.C.A. as we backed away."

"Have you parents had you tested, Richie?" asked Stan, lying down on their bed with his feet in the air.

"The only thing I got tested for was being fucking awesome and I passed." said Richie, kissing Eddie's forehead before grabbing his paintbrush again. "Is this blue too dark?"

Mike groaned. "We've just finished the second coat, Richie. I'm sure you'll live with it."

"Richie, if you make me paint these walls again, they'll be red with your blood." said Beverly, waving her brush at him angrily. "It's blue, it's a nice blue."

"What do you think, Eds?" asked Richie.

"It's a bit dark." he agreed, wondering out towards the bathroom. "I like it, though."

"Puh-pill time?" asked Bill and Richie nodded. "Since I started crashing with him, I've learnt his whole schedule. It's insane, guys. You don't know the half of it. I keep telling him he doesn't need to take them all."

"But what if I do, Richie?" called Eddie on his way back to the bedroom. "Maybe I do need these pills and, if I don't take them, bad things will happen to me. What if I died, Richie? What then? All because you said I didn't need the pills. Nuh-uh. I will not let you be the death of me, Trashmouth."

"Guh-good luck with that, Eh-Eddie." said Bill with a laugh. "Now are we guh-gonna watch a film or not-tuh?"

They watched two films in the end. First Poltergeist and then Weird Science to calm Eddie's nerves. After that, everyone went to their own homes.

"Can we talk about it now?" asked Richie, closing the door behind them. "Please?"

"Talk about what?" Eddie started collecting the glasses and cans left behind. "They never tidy up, do they? It's so-"

"Eddie," Richie interrupted. "I want to talk about your nightmares."

"We all have nightmares, Richie." said Eddie dismissively as he went to the kitchen.

Richie followed. "Of course we do, but not like you."

"I'm fine, Richie." whispered Eddie as he pulled on his rubber pink gloves. "I'm fine."

"Maybe you should see someone, Eds." said Richie, cupping his cheek. "To help you move past it."

"Like who, Richie?" he snapped, dropping a glass in the warm water with a splash. "If I go to some therapist and say, 'hey, I'm really fucked in the head because my friends and I were attacked by a shapeshifting alien clown fucker' they'll throw me in the loony bin with..."

"Eds, are you okay?"

Eddie nodded. "I'm okay."

And he was. He was better than okay because knew what he had to do to start moving on with his life.

He turned to Richie and wrapped himself around him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome?" said Richie, deciding to just enjoy the hug.

"So, we're alone?" Eddie said suggestively, a little smirk adorning his face. Richie was getting all to familiar with that look on his face.

"I believe we are." said Richie, hoisting Eddie up around his waist, ready to carry him to bed.

Knock, knock.

"You've got to be kidding me," whined Richie as he threw Eddie onto the bed. "Maybe they'll go away."

Knock, knock.

"Go get the door, Richie." chuckled Eddie, taking off his polo shirt. "I'll be ready when you get back."

"You're killing me, Eds." pouted Richie. "Okay, whoever it is that's knocking better have a damn good reason for interrupting me fucking my-"

Richie's sentence disappeared. He lost it. He forgot how to speak.

"Richie?"

Richie blinked. "Hi."

"Rich, who is it?" asked Eddie, waltzing into the room, wrapping a robe around himself.

Richie growled. "It's my parents."