Third Bell

~Time skip: 2 weeks~

Yuni hummed happily as he pet a sheep while Yuma took care of others. Chizuru moved to check one then panicked as it looked ready to attack him.

"Dumb Chizaki still can't get along with the animals." Yuni said aloud, making sure Chizuru could hear him.

"I don't want to hear that from you when the sheep and cows are the only ones that'll approach you." Chizuru spat, somehow managing to get the sheep to let him feel it.

"At least I'm not hated." Yuni countered.

"Maki, you can take a break. I think I'm going to have you focus on cleaning and fixing rather than the animals. You're causing them distress..." Yuma said bluntly.

Yuni stifled his laughter as Chizuru simmered quietly. Was he really that bad at handling animals? He looked at the sheep who flocked over to Yuni. He made little flowers bloom on the sheep. Chizuru sighed heavily then leaned against the wall.

"What do you want me to do then?" Chizuru spat.

"Um, for now you can go pick the fruit off the trees." said Yuma, making sure he was as far from the animals as possible.

Chizuru left without another word. Yuni looked at Yuma who went back to checking the animals.

"Yumapi, why is Chizaki helping you out? No one really told me why." Yuni asked curiously.

"Issei suggested that we do something together, strengthen our weak bond. So, Issei said we should care for my animals together." said Yuma.

A knock was heard and two familiar faces had stepped in. A sheep left Yuma's side and happily greeted Issei.

"So, how are things going with you and Chizuru? Saw him out by the fruit trees." said Issei, petting the sheep.

"Chizaki is bad for the animals, so Yumapi sent him out to pick fruit!" said Yuni with a broad grin.

"He's that bad...?" asked Shigure, a bit surprised. "It's been two weeks hasn't it?"

"I think it's because of his first impression. According to them, it was traumatizing..." Yuma responded, gesturing to the animals.

They happily conversed until a brief shriek was heard. Yuma was the first to leave and find out what was going on.

"I said I was sorry!" Chizuru said, covering his head.

Yuma arrived at the scene and saw a swarm of bees threatening to attack Chizuru. He wasn't sure whether to feel disappointed or concern that he was bad with insects just like animals. Yuma stepped in between and the bees settled down, most going back into the hive Chizuru disturbed. Two hung around and made themselves comfortable on his shoulders.

"What happened?" Yuma asked, extending a hand to help Chizuru up.

Chizuru brushed his hand aside and got up on his own. Yuma looked down at his hand then pulled it back.

"I accidentally hit the hive..." said Chizuru. "Your creatures hate me."

"Maki, that's-" Yuma started then stopped as Chizuru walked away and back towards the door leading to this vast area. "...not true."

Yuma didn't know what to do at this point. Their relationship wasn't healing at all. In fact, it appeared to be decaying just like before. Yuma felt a hand on his back and saw Issei give him a sad look.

"He'll come around. It'll just take time." said Issei, watching the two bees head back into their hive.

"Maki must think I'm doing this purposefully..." Yuma muttered, feeling a small weight in his heart. "I have to apologize."