Ninth Bell

Yuma quietly sat in the congregation area as instructed by Jin. The gentle breeze tousled his hair as he sat alone. Would he be punished like Chizuru? He did stir up unnecessary trouble. Chizuru had confessed he was the one behind the small pranks. A smile formed on his face as he remembered how flustered Chizuru had gotten when he said he didn't mind it much. Though, he sort of wished he revealed himself sooner so he wouldn't have thought himself crazy.

Yuma looked to his side and saw Jin walking in the distance. Two people flanked behind him. As they got closer, Yuma recognized them as Rintaro and Issei. Yuma stood up and greeted them, causing Jin to assure him that it wasn't necessary. They all sat down and Jin looked at Rintaro to start.

"So, we've been watching all you of much closely ever since the dog incident. Things seemed better between you all, especially you and Chizuru after Jin spoke with him." Rintaro said, handing the reigns to Issei.

"However, we've started looking into things, especially that time when you were injured by strong magic." said Issei, crossing his arms. "Rintaro says he was still away when the drinks were passed out, meaning that Rintaro we saw was Chizuru in disguise. Knowing that, there's no doubt Chizuru intended to hurt you that day."

"That is something we can't overlook, even after him going out to bring you back." said Jin with a slump of his shoulders. "We planned to tell you first since you're directly linked to all of this, but we're going to have to send Chizuru away."

"Where are you sending him...?" asked Yuma, internalizing what they had just told him.

"We're also aware of his actions back in the kitchen that drove you to leave, so things really aren't looking good for him." added Rintaro, receiving nods from the both of them.

"We've never had such a problem before in the past, making things harder to deal with. So our only option is to send him off." said Jin softly. "You may not say it, but I'm sure you're tired of Chizuru's nonsense aren't you? I'm sure it's taking a toll on you."

Yuma gripped the fabric of his gown as he thought back to the incident. Did Chizuru really intend to hurt him? He couldn't believe it. Was his opinion of Chizuru wrong the entire time? Jin let out a tiny gasp as he watched tears stream down Yuma's face. He looked at Issei who shrugged.

"To continue on, Kasuka will also be joining him for association." said Issei, looking at Yuma who now covered his mouth. "Is there anything you want to say before we wrap this up...?"

Rintaro left his seat and let Yuma cry against him. Jin blinked quickly, fighting back his own tears. It didn't take a genius to know why Yuma was crying.

"Let's wipe your cute little face, hm?" Rintaro said, gently wiping Yuma's face. "Is there something you want to say?"

Yuma sniffled a few times and seemed to have calmed down some.

"Don't... don't send them away." Yuma whispered. "They're not bad... they just made bad choices..."

"Yuma, do you realize-" Jin started but was silenced by Yuma's palms slamming against the table.

"I do get how serious it was. I do understand something much worse could've happened, but don't you think they feel bad for doing it? I saw Chizuru's face before I blacked out... He looked like he was in shambles... I don't believe he intended to hurt me with the drink! Despite being forced to, he didn't just give up and stop looking for me when I suddenly left!" Yuma shouted, surprising everyone, including himself. "If you're going to send anyone away, send me. I've done nothing but create trouble ever since I became like you all. This time... I really want to leave."

"Hey, hey. Don't talk like that. We're not sending them off right this minute. Give yourself time to cool down and think about it, okay?" Rintaro said, rubbing Yuma's back.