Chapter 4: Avatar Korra - Part Two

Your POV:
We see the mall and start looking for a good parking spot. We eventually find one and park there. We walked across the parking lot, through the doors and into the the lobby

You: "God, this place is something." I exclaimed. And it really was something to behold. So many stores in one convenient location. Food, clothes, bathing products, sporting goods, a beauty salon, a barber shop, even a toy store for kids. I had nothing like this at my hometown.

Korra: "Didn't you have anything like this where you use to live after you moved to the to the Earth Kingdom, (M/N)?" She said sounding suprised.

You: "Nope. Back where I lived before I came here, each store had a different location. They weren't in one large building."

Asami: "So, what's the first item on the agenda for today?"

Bolin: "Well, is anyone else hungry, becuase God knows I am." He said

You: "Yeah, I could eat." I replied

Korra: "Me too." She added

Asami: "It's settled then. We'll eat first, then we'll play it from there." She said. She gave each of us fifty yuans, and we headed off to the food court. We split up into three groups. Bolin went with Opal, Mako went with Asami, and I went with Korra. Then, we started walking.

You: "So, Korra. What's life been like since I left the the South Pole?" I asked.

Korra: "It's been quite an adventure. I took on the anti-bending revolution that infested half the city and got my bending taken away by their leader. stopped my power hungry uncle who fused with a dark spirit n from destroying the world, helped rebuild the air nation, was poisoned by an anarchist, and overthrew a ruthless dictator." She said.

You: "Wow. That's insane."

Korra: "I know."

You: "You know, I'm really glad I found you again."

Korr: "Me too, (M/n). Me too." She replied

You: "Now just so you know, I've grown to become fiercely loyal over the years. So when anyone messes with my friends in any way, shape, or form, they have to answer to me."

Korra: "Well, that's good to hear. You need friends like that. It's one of the best ways to get by in the world." He said, and she's right. You need people who will have your back.

So, we looked for an escalator, moved up to the second floor, and toward's the food court. We walked to the first stand of the food court we saw. I ordered Shrimp lomain, and a diet root beer. Korra ordered garlic chaomein and a brisk iced tea. We grabbed some napkins, two pairs of chopsticks, and sat down.

I cracked open my root beer. I took a bite of my lomain when I had noticed that someone was eyeballing me and Korra.

You: "Hey. Do you see that guy over there? He's been staring at us for the past five minutes. I get the feeling he knows who we are." I said.

Korra turned around to see who it was. Then she turned back around facing me, and then I saw the annoyed look on her face. I'm guessing she knew him.

Korra: "Ohh no." She said in annoyance.

You: "So, I guess you know that guy?" I asked.

Korra: "Yeah, I know him. That's Shady shin; a mobster who works for the triple threat triad. Just don't look at him. He's nothing but a lowlife thug." She answered.

You: "How do you know him?"

Korra: "I had a run-in with him and two of his lackeys when I first came to Republic City. They were harassing some poor shopkeeper over some protection money."