Three

three

"I'm not a demon witch, Deanna."

The Winchester snapped her eyes from the road to the rearview mirror to meet the electric green of her husband's. She clenched her fingers on the steering wheel, "Well, forgive me if I don't believe you."

"I'm not, Dee. I was born with my magic. I went to a school specifically for my kind of people. People who sell their soul for ten years of magic are just greedy, horrible people."

In the front passenger seat, a sleeping Sam sighed and rolled over slightly. Deanna watched him with soft eyes, both sad and happy to have her brother with her, "Why didn't you tell me, Hare?"

The corner of Harry' lips quirked at the nickname before he whispered, "Would you have believed me? That I don't have to do a whole ritual to have something as simple as lighting a candle happen?"

He leaned back in his seat and played with, what Deanna could see, a long wooden stick, "Would you have believed me, or would you have tried to kill me?"

The Winchester sighed, her eyes focusing on the road, "So what now? You gonna tell me that you're some great leader as well? That all the witches and wizards like you look up to you because you're some great hero?"

Silence befell the car for a few minutes until the dirty blonde looked up to meet the bright green eyes of her... husband. He looked startled and guilty at the same time, which made Deanna sigh heavily.

"You gotta be kidding me..." She grumbled and she turned up the volume of the radio.

All of a sudden Sam shot up, panting heavily from a nightmare he'd obviously just suffered from.

'I'm hot-blooded, check it and see,
I got a fever of a hundred and three
Come on, baby, do you do more than dance?'

The younger Winchester rubbed his eyes, blinking wearily to remember where the hell he was.

Deanna looked at him and Harry asked, "You okay?"

'I'm hot-blooded.'

Sam looked between him and his sister then out of the window.

'I'm hot-blooded.'

"Yeah, I'm fine." He finally answered and Deanna nodded, but Harry squinted his eyes a little.

"Another nightmare?" The raven haired man asked and Sam cleared his throat.

'You don't have to read my mind.'

"You wanna drive for a while?" The older Winchester offered, making Harry's eyes widen. She never let him drive...

'To know what I have in mind.'

The younger hunter laughed lightly and looked at her.

'Honey, you oughta know.'