Five

been so loooong

five

In an inn by the side of the road, Harry and the Winchesters sat in a small booth.

The Master of Death had the cap of a pen in his mouth as he circled a small obituary of an eighteen year old girl who had drowned in Lake Manitoc, while Sam and Deanna ate breakfast side by side.

A young woman then approached the table, wearing an apron on her uniform and name tag saying Wendy, "Can I get you anything else?"

Her eyes stayed on Harry, fluttering her eyelashes despite him not even looking at her.

Deanna narrowed her eyes, "Nope. Just the check."

A small frown creased the woman's brow as she walked away, "Okay."

Harry took the lid from his mouth and smirked at his wife before he looked to Sam, "You know, you're allowed to have a little fun, right?"

He hikes a thumb over to the waitress, her bending over slightly revealing a bit of buttcheek, "That's fun."

Deanna kicked him under the table with a glare.

"Oh, love, you're my one and only, you know that."

"Still." The dirty blonde grumbled, jabbing the bacon viciously with her fork.

Amused, Sam shook his head, taking the newspaper that the black haired wizard handed him, "This is. Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week an eighteen year old Sophie Carlton walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. The cops dragged the water; nothing. She's the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago."

The younger Winchester frowned, "A funeral?"

Deanna shrugged, "Yeah, it's weird, they buried an empty coffin. For, uh, closure or whatever."

"Closure? What closure? People don't just disappear, Deanna. Other people just stop looking for them."

His sister raised an eyebrow, "Something you want to say to me?"

"The trail for Dad. It's getting colder every day."

Harry looked between the two, knowing that an argument was about to happen...and there wasn't much he could do.

"Exactly. So what are we supposed to do?" Deanna narrowed her gaze.

Sam shrugged, "I don't know. Something. Anything."

"You know what?" The older Winchester was this close to raging out, "I'm sick of this attitude. You don't think I wanna find Dad as much as you do?"

"Yeah, I know you do, it's just-"

"I'm the one that's been with him every single day for the past two years, while you've been off to college going to pep rallies. We will find Dad, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?"

Her brother rolled his eyes as Wendy walked past, sending another look towards Harry, that he didn't even notice.

Sam sighed, "All right, Lake Manitoc. How far?"