Nine

nine

Deanna's pride and joy sat at the front gate of the Riverfront Psychiatric Hospital.

And the man in question was toddling on in between the Winchesters, with Harry at his wife's side.

"I don't understand. I already spoke with Homeland Security."

"Right. Some new information has come up. So if you could just answer a couple of questions..."

"Just before the plane went down, did you notice anything...unusual?

Max looked at the younger Winchester, "Like what?"

Harry shrugged at the man "I dunno, mate. Maybe strange lights, weird noises, maybe. Voices."

"No, nothing."

Deanna was starting to get a bit annoyed now, "Mr Joffey-"

"Jaffey," Max stopped her.

Not really caring, the blonde continued, "Jaffey. You checked yourself in here, right?"

Max nodded.

"Can we ask why?" Harry smiled lightly at him.

The man looked at him and answered, "I was a little stressed. I survived a plane crash."

"Uh-huh," Deanna nodded once, "And that's what terrified you? That's what you were afraid of?"

Max was starting look uncomfortable, "I...I don't want to talk about this anymore."

But the Winchester wasn't having it, "See, I think maybe you did see something up there. We need to know what."

The man shook his man, "No. No, I was...delusional. Seeing things."

Deanna gave her husband a dramatic look, "He was seeing things."

Harry returned that look and Sam shook his head lightly at them before turning to Max, "It's okay. Then just tell us what you thought you saw, please."

"There was... this—man. And, uh, he had these... eyes—these, uh... black eyes. And I saw him—or I thought I saw him..."

"What?" Deanna pushed.

"He opened the emergency exit. But that's... that's impossible, right? I mean, I looked it up. There's something like two tons of pressure on that door."

"Yeah," Harry nodded, "This man, uh, did he seem to appear and disappear rapidly?"

"It would look something like a mirage?" Sam finished.

Max scoffed, "What are you, nuts?"

The younger Winchester nodded.

"He was a passenger. He was sitting right in front of me."

:3

"So here we are," Sam looked at the house they were parked outside of, "So here we are. George Phelps, seat 20C."

"Hmm. Man, I don't care how strong you are," Deanna muttered, "Even yoked up on PCP or something, no way you can open up an emergency door during a flight."