Six

six

The three of them followed Andrea down the street towards the motel, Deanna trying...and failing...to strike up a conversation.

"So, cute kid."

"Thanks."

"Kids are the best, huh?"

Harry and Sam looked at each other, snickering behind the two women's backs. Especially when the brunette flat out started ignoring Deanna.

Finally, they came to a stop in front of the motel, the huge sign on it was hard to miss, 'Lakefront Motel.'

"There it is," Andrea's voice held an 'it's so obvious and you're an idiot,' tone, "Like I said, two blocks."

"Thanks," Sam smiled, saving Deanna any more embarrassment.

The brunette eyed the older Winchester up and down, then threw a glance at Harry that probably lasted longer than it should have. She then walked away before shouting over her shoulder, "Enjoy your stay!"

"'Kids are the best'?" Sam's face twisted, "You don't even like kids."

"I love kids." Deanna defended.

The younger Winchester cocked an eyebrow, "Name three children that you even know."

Harry smirked, amused at the two siblings, a feeling of homesickness swirling in his stomach. He missed his drinking buddy, his bookworm and her old as dirt husband, the twins, Luna and Ginny. And, of course, Sirius.

As a gift, Death had given him one life to choose from to bring back from the land of the dead.

He almost said his mother, but...Lily would have been sad to not have James, so Sirius it was.

Deanna held up her hand to count as Sam walked away, "Teddy! I know Teddy!!"

She spun around to look at Harry, "Teddy counts right?"

The man shrugged, "He's a teen now, love."

"Damn it," she grumbled and followed her brother, "I'm thinking!!"

:3

Harry sat with Sam at the desk in the motel room as Deanna went through her clothes.

"Three drowning victims this year," Harry pointed at the screen with his pinkie finger.

"Any before that?" The dirty blonde asked not even looking up.

The younger Winchester nodded, "Uh, yeah," and opened up a page that read as The Lake Manitoc Tribune.

One showed the picture of a twelve year old girl, the second drowning in six months.

"Six more spread out over the past thirty-five years. Those bodies were never recovered either," Sam frowned at his laptop.

Harry breathed in deeply and sat back in his seat, "If there is something out there, it's picking up its pace."

Throwing a ball up piece of clothing on the bed, Deanna then turned to them both with a look of disbelief, "So, what, we got a lake monster on a binge?