1. Donghun

The concrete stairs where Donghun decided to take a seat are still a bit wet from the rain of the previous night. He looks at the happy families, couples and everyone that walks pass him to enter the arts museums he had just come out of.

With him.

But now is just him seating there alone.

The sun peaks out a little behind the gray clouds this day turned out to be a little bit different than what he imagined just this morning.

"Why is our destiny already determined when we are born?" He asks himself in a quiet voice. A big sigh escapes his mouth and he gets up making his way home.

Promising himself to never get his hopes up with anyone else once again.

He would always be the man born without a soul mate tattoo.

Every human is born with a small tattoo. This one can be the shape of anything, a flower, a star or animal. Anything. It is said that when you meet the person with a matching tattoo. A soul mate bond is created and the love share with one another is so strong. Is uninhabitable to not be together.

A person could have one or a few tattoos in their bodies. Indicating that they were meant to meet a few soul mates in their life time. But for Donghun there was none.

He keeps his mind busy with these thoughts but is awaken when he hears his phone ring, he looks at the contact info. Is his mother.

"Hello?" He answers and her mother's loud voice is heard

"Oh honey, there's my baby" his mother replies, even if Donghun is already 25 years, since he's the younger of three sons, would always be his mother's baby boy, "Son I'm in the shop with your brothers we need you here please...like as soon as possible" his mother words make Donghun a bit worry

"Is everything alright?" He asks, he has already reach his red toyota corolla car and gets in

"Yes...just get here but drive carefully honey" his mother completes

"Yes, o.k. I'll see you guys there in like 15" he says and both hang up the call

He keeps driving trying not to think that the car keeps smelling like his ex's cologne and that the box full of his stuff was left in his car, since he refused to come back to his car to pick it up.

His name is Hyunsuk, they met five years ago when both had the same international business class during college. They became friends and then three years ago decided to date.

Hyunsuk didn't care that he had a small cloud like tattoo in his ankle and Donghun didn't.

Donghun felt so happy to have found someone.

But just a few weeks ago the inevitable happened.

Hyunsuk soul mate showed up and he chose her, and so today they both said their last good bye. Donghun felt horrible and sad, but he knew that this day would one day come

"Thank you for loving me this time Donghun and caring this much.... even if I could never actually love you back....."

Donghun's ex boyfriend words pierce like an arrow and cut him.

Because he has heard these words all his life.

"So what if I end up alone....whatever....I don't care....I'll stop looking and hoping for someone...I will stop now", Donghun says as he makes a left turn reaching the coffee shop where his family gather today.

He gets off the car and grabs the box, and walks towards the garbage bin on the side of the road. And throws everything in.

Determined to make this last promise to himself true.

He's greeted by his mother and his brothers are seating in one of the tables of the shop

"Baby....come here let's have a seat" his mother says and all four seat at the table, "son we have a favor to ask you....I want to retired, Hangyeom will go live at Busan with his wife and kids, Byounggon will go with his boyfriend to take care of our shop in Gimpo....." his mother says

"So Hun, we want to ask you to take after this shop....at least until things get better with the shop in Gimpo", Byounggon says grabbing his brother's shoulder

Donghun did went to business school but......

But this will be a perfect opportunity to just focus on his family's business and not think of.... him....or.unnecessary things.....

"When do I start?" Donghun says and to which his family is super happy that he'll accept.

I'll stop looking for someone

And hoping for someone

Donghun repeats to himself.