00; don't forget to come back

1908, Birmingham

She popped out of nowhere. She popped in Small Heath, Birmingham, just like she had always been there. Except she hadn't, of course.

There were a few things people knew about her: her name was Sullivan Miller, she was eighteen, she was American, and she lived in Watery Lane, alone. No matter how hard she tried to reach for a British accent, she couldn't help but keep her own.

Despite the fact that she was a stranger, there was something else in her. Something noticeable. Her beauty probably, the way her eyes shined, the way she was smiling to strangers. Even the most dangerous ones.

For her, everything started with a bump. It was a Wednesday morning, two days after her arrival, and Sully was in a rush. She needed to meet someone in Small Heath that morning, and to find a job as well. She didn't have many time to lose, so as soon as she had locked her front door, she walked fast to find her way. And she bumped into another woman, whom of which was walking slowly, probably returning from the shopping, because her groceries fell on the floor, spilled around the two.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry madam," the blonde said softly as she grabbed a few groceries from the ground, and when she turned around, she found out that the woman was staring at her, a slight frown on her face.

"That's nothing dear. You're the newcomer, aren't you?" Sully blushed slightly, bitting her bottom lip nervously.

"Yeah, my name is Sully by the way," The woman nodded, then shook her head, clearing her mind.

"I'm Polly Shelby, it's very nice to meet you. Do you want to come inside for a minute?" The blonde didn't find it in herself to refuse, mostly because she had just ran into the poor lady. She smiled nicely and murmured a slight "after you", the woman already unlocking her front door. Sully stepped on the porch and then inside, waiting patiently in the hall for the lady to guide her.

"This way," Polly indicated by pointing a little kitchen on her right. The house was nicely decorated, the interior was darkened by the closed curtains but it still looked cosy.

"You have a really pretty house, Mrs.Shelby," the brunette smiled and grabbed the few groceries that Sully was holding to put them on the counter. Polly smiled and put her hand on the blonde's arm gently.

"That's really nice of you, but please call me Polly. Makes me feel old, being called Mrs.Shelby, you know," the girl nodded with a slight smile, while the eldest woman was turning away to prepare some tea.

"Please, take a sit, Sully," Polly placed a cup full of tea in front of her, while she took a sit across the table, facing nicely the blonde. Sully looked around herself, noticing the numerous chairs that were surrounding the table. She smiled while imagining the family Polly should have, full of children, running around in the house.

"So, where-" Polly couldn't finish her sentence, because she was cut off by a scream from upstairs. She heard a laugh and some intelligible talk. The blonde frowned and looked at Polly, whom of which was rubbing her temples slightly.

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" Sullivan smiled and lowered her head in order to hide it. Polly sighed loudly, and Sully lifted up, catching the woman's gaze.

"There are my nephews, sorry for the noise, they are very annoying!" Polly screamed the last part of her sentence, making herself heard by the boys. "Downstairs, now!" She heard the boys upstairs sigh, and she was about to tell her she was leaving when a tall boy walked inside of the room. He had raven hair, and blue ocean eyes, which locked instantly with Sully's ones. The women stood up simultaneously, Sully's eyes still locked with the newcomer's ones.