18; drinking buddies

"Arthur, fucking get up!"

Sullivan rushed down the stairs as she buttoned up her dress collar. When her feet touched the wooden floor of the living room, her eyes fell on the table, where their glasses were still resting. She sighed and walked to the front door, unlocking and opening it quickly to reveal Thomas standing in front of her.

"Arthur, your brothers are here!" she screamed while Tommy laughed, pushing one of her blonde curls behind her ear. "Hello, Tom," she whispered as he leaned forward to kiss her forehead.

"Hello, Sully," he replied as the blonde lifted when she heard Arthur's footsteps upstairs.

"Finally," she sighed, turning on her heels, so she'd faced the staircase. "You look like a dead body, Arthur," she commented when the man passed next to her, cursing under his breath. "I don't even know how you're doing with him being your brother," she commented, staring at the tall man's back.

"I'll be there in a minute," Tommy indicated. Sully turned around once more, only to be caught by the man's large hands, her body pulled into his embrace.

"What's that for?" she whispered in his chest, her arms wrapped around his waist.

"We never know," he answered as she strengthed her grip on his back. "You sure you're not coming?"

"No, Tom," she replied with a light giggle, lifting her gaze to meet his. "I have to work, and honestly if I'm not running your business, who will?" Tom chuckled as he released her, her tiny body moving backward to grab her coat.

"Don't do anything stupid today, alright?" she asked as she put the clothing on, jumping in her shoes. "Don't forget it's London we're talking about."

"Are you sure you're not the true businesswoman here?" he joked. "I'll be careful." Sully nodded, grabbing her keys on the hook by the door.

"Don't mess with the wrong people," she added, then turned to look at him. "And come back alive." Tommy nodded, leaning forward to kiss her, and then he was gone. She blinked before waving to the moving car in front of her home, and then she went to the betting shop, locking her front door behind her.

The walk wasn't long, considering how close her house was from the shop, but however, it bored her when she walked in, her eyes scanning the place. Sully was sighing again when she heard a noise from a close room. It looked like a whimper, and it clearly wasn't something she was used to hearing around here.

Pushing the door open, she revealed Polly's tiny body, laying on the wooden table in front of here, where two empty bottles of whiskey and a lonely glass were resting.

"Fucking hell, Pol," Sully exclaimed as she rushed towards the table, checking on Polly, only to verify if she was still alive. "What happened to you, mate?"

Polly's bloodshot eyes lifted to meet her, her messy hair falling on her forehead. "The fuck do you want?"

"I'm working here now," Sully exclaimed as she watched her friend's head nodding slightly. "Polly, what did you do?"

Polly scoffed, her hands placing themselves on her eyes. "I drank," she only responded, closing her darkened eyes again.

"You definitely shouldn't work in that state," Sullivan affirmed, her cold hands resting on Polly's hot forehead. "I'll run a bath for you, Finn will handle the shop very well until you'll feel better."

"You have to work if we don't want to have a mad Thomas behind our backs," Polly stated. "I have too by the way," she then added, standing up slowly, her arms being held by a very careful Sullivan.