08; in her eyes

It remained silent.

Everything around her was silent now. Even when she was at the Garrison, surrounded by chatters and noises, her ears full of glasses slamming against one another, her head was blank. Blank from every thought. She spent her nights alone, watching the ceiling, thinking about nothing at all. Right after she finished working, she rushed to her house, locking it securely behind her. And when she was meant to meet his gaze, she instantly turned away. 

Even when it was another Shelby, she seemed in another world, not speaking a word, staying in her little world of silence. She was just an empty shell. 

She started to talk again on a Wednesday. It was warm outside, the sun was even shining a little. She was wearing a pink summer dress and a high ponytail at the top of her head. She was serving a customer when two men started to fight in front of the counter. When she recognized Arthur's face, she growled and slid behind the bar, approaching the men with anger in her eyes. She slapped Arthur's arm, making him turn away from the man and stepping back, next to her. 

"The fuck was that for?" he asked, but then he stayed silent when he caught sight of the anger shining in her ocean eyes. 

"Fucking tell him to leave," she ordered, her voice deep due to the lack of talk these days, and she walked outside, a cigarette at the corner of her lips. Arthur's gaze followed her outside, exchanging a glance with Tommy, but the dark-haired man only entered in their private room, his hands in his pockets. The man ran outside of the pub, passing next to Sullivan with a slight 'excuse me'. She played with a brand of hair in her fingers before headed back into the Garrison, keeping her eyes down. 

Sully stood up behind the bar, serving Ted, whom of which was this time accompanied by another man and lifted to the window, but in front of her was standing Thomas Shelby, his hands settled on the wooden counter. She raised an eyebrow, handing him a bottle of Irish whiskey and three glasses. The man hummed and sighed, taking in his hand the glasses but letting the bottle on the counter. The blonde rolled her eyes and heard Grace giggle on her right. 

"Men are unable to do so easy tasks," the woman mocked. Sullivan snorted, grabbing the bottle in order to serve it herself. 

"He's able, believe me," she answered. "He just wants to be annoying." The blonde laughed as Sullivan walked to their room and slammed the bottle on the table. Three pairs of eyes lifted to her as she turned on her heels, already exiting the little room, slamming the door behind her. 

"What's fucking happening to her?" Arthur asked with a worried look on his brothers. 

"Don't fucking know," Tommy answered by lighting a cigarette. "But I will." 

------

A few hours later, exiting from the Garrison after her night shift, Sullivan smiled to the sky, her eyes shining with joy like it hadn't for a while. She turned on herself, moving faster, her heels clicking on the pavement. As she put her keys out of her coat, she tried to unlock her door but couldn't do it. She cursed and the keys fell on the porch, so she leaned forward to grab them back. When she had straightened up, she found a sleepy Polly in front of her, arms crossed on her tiny chest. 

"Sullivan, are you okay?" The blonde giggled to herself, playing with the keys in her hands. 

"Sorry, I guess I went in the wrong house," she answered, stammering at the end of her sentence. Polly frowned and turned around, calling for Tommy, but the male was already behind her, watching the blonde with a frown on his face. As she tried to walk down the stairs, almost falling on the cement at the last march, he stepped in her direction and Polly turned to look at him. She nodded her head and the man walked to her house, the door barely closed.