10; the letter

Sullivan wasn't good in history class, nor even in music class. However, she was good at maths. Unlike Arthur Shelby. 

After Tommy had told her about her new boss who was Arthur, she thought that it would be a good thing, until she took sight of the different account statements made by Arthur. It was all wrong, so instead of letting him do those statements, she decided to try and make them herself. 

She took Grace with her one day where they had closed the Garrison earlier than usual. 

"What are we doing, exactly?" Grace asked as Sullivan played with the keys of the back room. 

"I want to explore," she said with a mysterious voice as the other barmaid giggled. "Plus, maybe there are some trésors inside of it." Grace only shrugged her shoulders as the blonde unlocked the room door, only finding tonnes of boxes across the room. The women shared a look and they started to put out the boxes, letting them on the floor. 

Once all the boxes were out of the room, they sat on the floor, their dress circling their legs. They opened some boxes to find bottles of whiskey until Grace opened a box full of cigarettes. 

"Look," the barmaid asked, handing a pack in Sully's direction. The blonde frowned as she opened the pack, only to find strange cigarettes that seemed wet, and that smelled strangely. She scrunched her nose and let the pack fall on the ground. 

"I didn't know we had these here," she said thoughtfully. "That doesn't seem like good cigarettes to me." Grace nodded in agreement as she exited multiples pack from the box, all identical in their weirdness. 

"Arthur!" Sullivan called, and facing the lack of answer, she screamed his name louder, finally making him exiting his room. 

"What the fuck do ya want?" he asked. 

"Don't be so grumpy you bastard, what's that?" Sullivan replied, giving him a pack of cigarettes. The man smiled proudly, opening the pack and smelling it. "They smell weird don't they?" 

"Not at all, they smell like Gallipoli to me," he answered. 

"Are you drunk?" she demanded with a frown, as Grace stood up, a pack still in her hand. 

"You should find a new place to store them," she advised. Then, she seemed to come to a realization. "They're stolen, right? That's why they smell, that's because they have been kept on a boat." Arthur sighed as Sullivan pursed her lips, looking down at the box in front of her.

"Don't ask," Arthur just answered, before he motioned for the office in the back of the room. "Sul, can you please check my addition?" The blonde stood up with a nod, smiling down at Grace. 

"I'll be right back,"  the blonde said to her colleague with a soft smile. Grace nodded, returning to the boxes as Sullivan walked to the office, Arthur before her. As she entered the room, she closed the door quietly, approaching the man now sat at his desk, the paper in front of him. As she leaned forward to correct his mistakes, she opened her mouth. 

"I've never told it to Tommy, but God I don't like it," she said, making Arthur motioned to make her continue. "She's asking a lot of questions, all the time, she's sometimes listening through the doors, Arthur I don't like that." 

"You're just overthinking," Arthur tried to calm her down, but as she put the pencil down, she stared down at him. 

"No, Arthur, I'm working with her 24/7, I swear she had a strange behavior," she said again, making Arthur frown. 

"Then, tell it to Tommy, Sul," he advised, and she nodded. Then, he looked down at his paper. "It's good now?" 

"Yes, I corrected your fucking mistakes," she said with a laugh. As she replaced a blond curl behind her ear, she walked out of the office and clasped her hands together. "Alright, Grace, enough exploration, let's put that in place. I'll talk to Thomas about it later." The barmaid nodded, and as they cleaned all that mess, she thought about the way she would say to Tommy all our doubts.