A Terribly Sad Goodbye..

Song of the Chapter is... WHY by NF

Pepper wasn't angry, oh no, she was beyond angry. She had found out from Jarvis this morning that Tony had actually found Peter's mom and saw the recording of Tony yelling at Rhodey, all the awful things she said about Tony's son. Oh yeah. She. Was. Pissed. With a capital P. She made her way to Tony's room, heels clicking behind her, and nearly slammed the door open.
She froze when she saw Tony cuddling Peter, his curls all over his father's face and light snores coming from the 5-year-old. It was adorable and she couldn't help, but take a picture. She was still pissed, but it was mainly at the mother. How could she say all that about Peter, when all he wanted was for her to be safe? It made her even angrier when she saw Peter frown in his sleep, probably having a nightmare.

Since Peter had gotten to the tower, he barely got sleep because he had nightmares of both Tony and his mom abandoning him, and it broke Pepper's heart. From what Rhodey told her about him, the four hours he spent with the kid was filled with conversations about his mother, but mainly about Tony. Peter explained to Rhodey how happy he was to have a father, and how he still missed his mommy, but hoped she was doing okay. He even made Stark Industries out of lego's with Rhodey! It was obvious how deeply Peter cared for both his parents, but his adoration for Tony was the cutest.

"Pep?" Tony groaned as he looked to the door and saw the angry red head, arms crossed and a stern look on her face. (Going based off the animated show with her red hair.)

"We need to-" Peter sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and looking at Pepper as well. He tilted his head in confusion, big brown doe eyes staring at the woman at the door and he began to feel upset.

"Are you mad at my daddy for not working?" Peter asked, looking down sad and Pepper was surprised. Before she could even speak, Peter was out of bed and hugging her leg, tears threatening to fall from his eyes as he looked up at her. "Pwease don't be mad at my daddy. It's not his fault, I-I distracted him. Don't blame him Pepper, pwease?" Both adults were shocked and had no clue what to say. Pepper bent to Peter's height and offered a gentle smile.

"I'm not mad at your daddy, I just need to discuss something with him." Pepper glanced at Tony, who nodded and stood.

"Pwomise you aren't mad at him?" Peter asked, using his adorable 5 year old voice as an advantage. As mentioned multiple times before, Peter is pretty smart for his age, but that doesn't mean all of his toddler tendencies were gone. They showed up from time to time and it was mainly when he was upset, but never once has Peter thrown a temper tantrum. He was okay with not getting what he wanted, as long as it benefited other people instead. Pepper nodded and stuck out her pinkie for Peter to wrap his own around.

"Pinkie promise." She smiled and Peter grinned back, tears gone. He turned to Tony and ran to him.

"Hey bud, how does another day with Uncle Rhodey sound, while I take care of boring business stuff?" Tony asked and Peter pouted. He wasn't upset that Uncle Rhodey had to watch him, far from it, but he didn't want to be away from his dad. "Then we can all watch movies later." Tony added after seeing his pout and Peter smiled brightly.

"Including Ms. Pepper?" Peter asked, looking toward the shocked redhead.

"Sorry Pete-"

"Pwease Ms. Pepper?" Peter asked giving her puppy dog eyes and Pepper knew she was a goner.

"Sure Peter." She smiled and he cheered. Rhodey decided that was the time to walk in and Peter shouted in glee, running to his uncle.