It's Me!

Attention!! Please read the Authors note at the end.

"Hey kid, how does a sleepover at Uncle Uncle Rhodey's sound?" Tony asked and Peter got excited. It was the next day and the multibillionaire was having breakfast with his kid.
"Woah, really?!" Peter asked excitedly and Tony smiled.
"Yeah, Uncle Rhodey wants to have a fun week with you and take you to see the Air Force Base." Tony said and Peter frowned.
"You're not coming with us?" Peter asked and Tony sighed.
"I'm sorry, bud. I wish I could, but I gotta work. However, maybe you'll see the jets take flight." The 7 year old's eyes went wide and he gasped.
"Really?!" Peter asked in excitement and Tony chuckled, with a nod. The 7 year old got so excited, he ran to his room and started packing. The multibillionaire sighed and the front door opened to Rhodey walking in.
"Where's Peter?" The colonel asked and Tony's face turned neutral as he turned to his best friend.
"He's in his room, packing. You're going-"
"Yes, I'll keep my nephew safe and away from the house." Rhodey cut his best friend off and Tony crossed his arms, eyebrow raised.
"And-"
"I will also keep him away from the tower; but the first call I get that something went wrong or the first time you don't pick up your phone when I call and I will leave Peter at the base to come here." Rhodey said and before Tony could argue, Peter ran up to his Uncle.
"Uncle Rhodey! Are we really gonna see the jets fly?!" Peter exclaimed and Rhodey glared at Tony, before smiling.
"Did your dad tell you the.. surprise?" Rhodey asked, but Tony knew his tone was more towards him than it was Peter.
"Yupp." Peter responded and dragged Rhodey to the door, Tony chuckling as the two left.
Once they were gone, Tony tightened his fist and went down to his lab. He walked over to his desk and brought up the attack in Gulmira as he worked on one of his gauntlets. He frowned and looked towards his lab table with his suit on it. He knew he had to do something about his tech that was somehow released to the terrorists over there and he walked over to the table. He put the suit on and flew out of his house to the place he had been held captive not too long ago.
When he arrived, he saw the group pulling families out of their houses and separating the men from women and children. He watched as one man was taken from his family and the son fought to get to his dad. Guns went up and were aimed at the kid and man immediately as the rest of the family watched helplessly. Tony landed in a grand entrance and stood just as the men started to shoot at him.
Taking a few steps towards one of the shooters, Tony launched him back with one hit and turned back to the others. He started to shoot at each and everyone of them, hitting them directly. As he went to finish off the last of them, some of the guys had hostages and were threatening to shoot them. Tony slowly lowered his arm and instead, locked targets on the ones he meant to shoot, taking them out.
"Papa! Papa!" The kid yelled, running to his father and the man engulfed his son in his arms, whispering soothing words that the author currently does not understand. Tony walked past the two and went in search for the leader who was hiding in a building. He pulled the guy out and dropped him in front of the civilians.
"He's all yours." As Tony took off, the villagers crowded around the man that had caused them so much anguish and Tony flew over the area he knew the terrorists were. He targeted the Jericho missile, but was shot down and got up to see a tank still in contact. A missile was launched and Tony dodged before blowing the tank up. People shot at him and took off. As Tony was flying through the air, he received an incoming call from Rhodey and answered.
"Hello."
"Tony."
"What is it? Did something happen to Peter?" Tony asked and Rhodey looked over to the child who was currently playing a game of hide and go seek with some of his men.
"No, he's fine- what is that noise?" Rhodey asked as he covered one of his ears to hear better.
"Oh, yeah, I'm driving with the top down."
"Yea, well, I need your help right now."
"It's funny how that works, huh?" Tony teased and Rhodey rolled his eyes.
"Yeah. Speaking of funny, we've got a weapons depot that was just blown up a few clicks from where you were held captive." Rhodey spoke in a hushed tone as he looked back at the screen.
"Well, uh, that's a uh, hot spot. Sounds like someone stepped in and did your job for you, huh?" Tony replied, somewhat sounding out of breath and Rhodey furrowed his eyebrows.
"Why do you sound out of breath, Tony?" Rhodey asked suspiciously.
"I'm not, I was just jogging in the canyon."
"I thought you were driving."
"Right, I was driving, uh to the canyon where I'm going to jog."
"You sure you don't have any tech in that area I should know about?" Rhodey asked and Tony responded as Rhodey looked to the screen once more.
"Nope!"
"Bodey spotted!" A guy yelled on Rhodey's end and everyone looked up.
"Whiplash, come in hot." Major Allen spoke into his headset and Rhodey went back to talking to Tony.
"Okay, good, 'cause I'm staring at one right now, and it's about to be blown to kingdom come." Jets came flying behind Tony and he looked back.
"Oop, that's my exit." Tony said as he flew sideways and the jets followed behind. "Hit it." Tony said to his suit and it took off at supersonic speed.
A missile was fired and the multibillionaire shot back at it, causing an explosion in the clouds. He started to free fall, before becoming steady and taking off once more. The jet began to shoot at him and he flew back, hiding under one of the jets to become unnoticed. Tony called his best friend and the colonel rolled his eyes when he saw who the caller was, before answering, taking his eyes off Peter and walking to the back.
"Hello?"
"Hi Rhodey, it's me."
"It's who?"
"I'm sorry, it is me. You asked. What you were asking about is me." Tony explained and Rhodey got annoyed.
"No, see, this isn't a game. You do not send civilian equipment into my active war zone. You understand that?"
"This is not a piece of equipment. I'm in it. It's a suit. It's me!" Tony exclaimed and Rhodey was speechless, looking back to the screen.
The jet turned sideways and the suit was revealed. The jet rolled three times and the suit became loose, causing the billionaire to fall back. He hit into one of the jet's wings and the jet began to fall as the pilot ejected himself. Tony flew down as he didn't see the chute of the pilot who ejected and raced to reach him.Tony finally reached the pilot and broke the contraption holding the chute, causing it to come out and slow down the descent of the man.
"Tony, you still there?"
"Hey, thanks."
"Oh, my god, you crazy son of a bitch."Rhodey chuckled as he kept his voice low. "You owe me a plane, you know that, right?" Tony chuckled as he looked out at the open sky and continued to fly home. Once Tony landed, he was getting the suit off when Pepper walked downstairs.
"What's going on here?" Pepper questioned and Tony looked behind from his compromising position.
"Let's face it. This is not the worst thing you've caught me doing." Tony responded and Pepper looked closer.
"Are those bullet holes?" She asked concerned and Tony sighed.
"Pep, I'm fine. This suit protects me from most danger and bullets just ricochet off it." Tony responded as his tech continued to take off the suit and Pepper watched.
Word Count: 1,371

Okay, so this was just a filler chapter cause I realized I haven't really updated this story much and people have been asking for updates. As you can tell, this is going off of the movie, except it has some twists so it makes sense with Peter in it. Hopefully you guys don't get mad that this is a short chapter. If you liked it, please vote and comment your opinions. Ps. I'm currently trying to get into the Airforce and I'm meeting with a recruiter Monday, so wish me luck 😅😅