What Is It?

“Well that uh, that went well.” Stane spoke as he walked in with a cigar in his mouth and stood a few feet away and I turned to him as he walked toward me.
“Did I just paint a target on the back of my head?” I questioned playing with the rail that blocked the Arc Reactor.
“Your head. What about my head?” Stane responded, walking right past me and I followed him with my head. “What do you think the over under in the stock drop is gonna be tomorrow?”
“Uh, optimistically, 40 points.”
“At minimum.” 
“Yep.” I sighed as I played with my tie.
“Tony, we’re a weapons manufacturer.”
“Obbi, just- I don’t want a body count to be our only legacy.” 
“That’s what we do.”
“That’s it.”
“We’re iron mongers. We make weapons-”
“Is my name on the sign of the building?”
“And what we do keeps the world from falling into chaos.” Obidiah tried to argue and I shook my head.
“Not based on what I saw.” We had a stare off and Stane shifted on his feet. “We’re not doing a good enough job. We can do better, we’re gonna do something else.”
“Like what? You want us to make baby bottles?” Stane argued and Tony clenched his good fist. Stane never met Peter, but Tony took it as a hit and couldn’t stand being talked to like he was a child. Stane wasn’t even taking him seriously.
“I think we should take another look into the arc reactor technology.” Tony finished and Stane let off a slight chuckle.
“Oh god, no.” Stane shook his head and Tony narrowed his eyebrows. “The arc reactor? Th-that’s a publicity stunt, Tony. C’mon, we built that thing to shut the hippies up-” 
“It works.” Tony cut Stane off, staring up at the reactor and Stane stood there for a minute before responding.
“Yea, as a science project. The arc was never called effective, we knew that before we built it. Arc reactor technology, that’s a dead end, right?” 
“It may be.” Tony spoke stoically, still looking at the reactor and Stane turned to Tony, a suspicious look on his face.
“Huh, am I right? We haven’t had a breakthrough with that in what? 30 years.” Stane spoke and Tony turned to him.
“That’s what they say.” A stare off went on for a few seconds, before Tony had enough. “Could you have a lousier poker face, just tell me who told you? Who told you?” Tony asked and Stane made a face.
“Never mind who told me.”
“Rhodey-”
“Show me.”
“Rhodey or Pepper. It was Rhodey or Pepper.” Tony concluded and Stane rolled his eyes.
“I wanna see it.”
“Okay, Rhodey.” Tony started to undo his sling and Stane watched him with a greedy grin, as if knowing something. The two looked around as Tony undid his shirt and Stane gave one last glance around before looking at Tony’s chest. 
“Okay.” Stane stepped forward and grabbed hold of Tony’s chest, while Tony kept a watchful eye on him. Stane chuckled and Tony was suspicious.
“It works.” Tony flat out said as Stane started to button his shirt up. Stane finished and looked at Tony, with a happy sigh. 
“Listen to me, Tony.” Stane started, putting his arm around Tony’s shoulder and the billionaire raised an eyebrow. “We’re a team, you understand? There’s nothing we can’t do, if we stick together. Like your father and I.” Tony snapped his head to Stane and tried to stay calm, but he couldn’t stand hearing about his father.
“I’m sorry I didn’t give you a heads up, okay? But if I had, then-”
“Tony, Tony no more of this ready, fire, aim business. You understand me?” Tony looked out to the reactor, while Stane still had him close and Tony began to speak aloud.
“That was dad’s line.”
“You gotta let me handle this. We’re gonna have to play a whole different kinda ball now. We’re gonna have to take a lot of heat.” Stane began as Tony grabbed his stuff and turned to walk out, Stane on his heels. “I want you to promise me that you’re gonna lay low.” Was the last thing Stane said before walking the opposite way and Tony walked down to his lab. Standing in front of a medium sized box was Pepper and Tony rushed over.
“Did it finally come in?” Tony asked immediately and Pepper nodded, a smile on her face.
“Was just dropped off from the place earlier today.” Tony grinned as he opened the box and smiled.
“Do you think he’ll like it, Pep?” Tony asked and Pepper chuckled, nodding as she hugged the billionaire from the side.
“I’m sure he’ll love it, Tony.” 
"Good, now… I need your help with something." Tony answered and Pepper raised an eyebrow.

###### Scene Change Brought To You By My Life Falling Apart ########

When Tony entered the living room, he was shocked to see Peter sitting on the couch upset. He walked in further and that’s when he heard the TV going off. He turned to look at the screen and frowned further when he saw Peter was watching Mad Money.
“Let me show ya, the New. Stark. Industries. Business plan.” The guy spoke as he took a bat and smashed a glass mug. Tony cleared his throat and Peter jumped, but relaxed when he saw it was his father. 
“Daddy, why are they being mean to you?” 
“Look, that’s a weapons company that doesn’t make weapons-” The sound of gunshots going off caused Tony to freeze as memories from the kidnapping came back to him. 
Young soldiers dying flashed before his eyes and all he could see were men and women alike, being shot at and blown up. He could hear the sounds of the guns unloading. He could feel the fear and panic he felt within that moment. He could feel the pain when his rocket went off and nearly killed him. But most of all, he remembered Yensen. He remembered the man who saved him. The one who sacrificed himself just so Tony could go back to Peter. He could remember Yensen’s last words and he could feel panic start to rise in him.
Suddenly, Tony couldn’t breath. He couldn’t see straight and his hearing was awful. He felt as if he were still kidnapped. He felt as if he still didn’t have his son and just thinking of the possibility that one day that could be his son, scared him. He couldn’t handle the thought of his son being kidnapped or tortured or almost killed by the weapons he made to protect people. Tony was only snapped out of his thoughts when a tiny body wrapped itself around Tony’s side and the billionaire looked down, still panicking.
“D-daddy?” Peter was scared. His father was shaking and swaying. He didn’t have a clue what was going on until he saw Tony touch his chest. He grabbed his father’s hand and dragged Tony to the couch. Once there, Peter pushed him down with all his strength and climbed up next to him, holding his hand.
“Daddy, please talk to me?” Peter asked and Tony looked at his kid, slightly recognizing the fear and panic on his son’s face and in his tiny voice.
“Wh-what do you wanna be when y-you grow up?” Tony asked shakily and Peter thought hard.
“I wanna be like you!” Peter exclaimed, smilingly widely.
“Like-like me? Why do you wanna be like m-me?”
“Cause you’re the strongest person I know and I wanna be real important, like you are.” Peter explained and Tony began to calm down slightly.
“What else do you want to do when you get older?” Tony asked, slightly calmed down and still shaking.
“Hm.. I want to be a good dad, like you." Peter answered and Tony smiled. The more Peter told him, the calmer he got and this was one of the reasons he adored his son. 
"In order to do that, you need a girlfriend to be a mother to your child." Tony mentioned and Peter made a face.
"Girls are icky." Peter spoke disgusted and Pepper gasped, hearing her son say that. She was currently drying her hands after helping Tony change his chest piece. 
"Am I icky, Peter?" Pepper asked and Peter frowned.
"Well.. no, but you're my mom." 
"Well Peter, your feelings for girls will change over time. All you gotta do is find the right girl." Tony spoke as Pepper smiled and placed a hand on Tony's shoulder, Tony placing a hand on top of hers. Tony noticed the box in Pepper's hands and smiled.
"Hey Peter, mommy and I got you something." Tony mentioned and Peter's eyes lit up.
"What is it?!" 
                 Word Count: 1,463

Long time, no post. Like the time Skip said guys, my life is currently falling apart. The anniversary of my dad's death is coming up, my mom is sick, my friends are betraying me and I don't know who I can trust anymore. Like a lot of shit going on, and I feel extremely bad for not posting, but I've literally been working my ass of lately and barely have time to sleep. I'm so sorry guys, I'll try harder. I still have off today and I dont go in till later afternoon tomorrow, so I'm going to hopefully work on more updates for all my stories. I think I'm gonna update oneshots next, then the other story then this one and if I can, I'm gonna alternate the three with a new post for one of them each day. Y'all probably skipped this, but if you read this then thank you for reading my ramble. Please vote and comment your thoughts and opinions.