To Throw A Birthday Party..

Song of the Chapter is... Endless Nightmare by Josh A. (Feat. Iamjakehill)

The story of Tony having a son was all over the newspapers and magazines, along with the story of Peter's mother and how she had been arrested. Tony, however, refused to let the reporters put a picture of Peter or his name in the newspapers/magazines for privacy reasons. After Tony had won custody of his child once more, his last name was changed to Stark in private and when he started to go to school, he would use his old name. Tony has decided not to send Peter to school till next year when he'd be in 2nd grade since his son was advanced and he wanted Peter to get used to being around new people first. Tony of course went back to spending time with his son instead of working and though it did annoy Pepper at times, she made an exception as long as Tony showed up to important meetings she didn't care. Peter and Tony were currently out of the tower, they went to the movies and are having a father-son day. 

"Miss Potts, there's a lady at the front desk asking to speak to Mr. Stark?" The receptionist for the lobby of the tower announced through the speakers in Pepper's office. 

"Tell her, he is not in right now." She continued to go through the papers on her desk, not looking up.

"She says she needs to speak to you or Mr. Stark as soon as possible. She says it's about Mr. Stark's son." Pepper's head jolted up faster than you can say, Mr. Stark. 

"Tell her I'll be there momentarily." Pepper walked out of her office to the elevator, a million thoughts flying through her mind, but one was more prominent than the others; what does this lady mean, it's about Peter? 

"Miss Potts." The receptionist greeted and pointed out a lady sitting in a chair, waiting. She had chestnut brown hair, hazel green eyes, and looked nothing over 50. Pepper walked over to her and cleared her throat.

"Hello, are you the woman looking for Mr. Stark about Peter?" Pepper asked with a forced smile and the lady smiled gently.

"Yes, I am. My name is May Parker, sister to Mary Parker and Peter's aunt." The lady introduced and Pepper raised an eyebrow, shaking the outstretched hand.

"Follow me to my office and we can talk." Pepper didn't wait for a response and walked forward, not really caring if May was following or not. When they reached her door, Pepper opened it and gestured for May to enter. Once she sat at her desk and May was across from her, she folded her hands and stared at the woman suspiciously. May shifted uncomfortably and Pepper decided to question her.

"Why are you here?"

"I want to meet my nephew." May responded truthfully and Pepper raised her eyebrow higher.

"Meet? He's 5 and you're telling me you've never met him?" May nodded, smilingly sadly and gaining a distant look as if remembering something.

"You see, when Mary said she was pregnant, she still didn't have a job and I couldn't let her stay with me in my tiny apartment; there was barely any space. I hadn't known the man she was with, kicked her out after finding out she was pregnant with Mr. Stark's baby. Mary got mad when I couldn't take her in and cut me off. I had found out from her that my nephew supposedly died and wanted absolutely nothing to do with her.

"It made me sick that she wasn't even upset when it happened and she had moved in with a new man. When I read in the papers what had happened with my sister and that Peter was still alive, I had to meet him. My.. Husband died years ago when he tried to stop a robbery and it had been disheartening to hear I had lost my nephew as well." May explained, in tears by the end and Pepper felt pity for her. She smiled softly at May and stood, giving her a hug.