"ending things"

┏━━━ : *. .* : ━━━┓
PRIVATE IMESSAGE
sol [my sunshine💓]
brad [soft big boy❤️]
┗━━━ : *. .* : ━━━┛

my sunshine💓
we need to talk

soft big boy❤️
about what?

my sunshine💓
you're kidding right?
tell me you're joking

soft big boy❤️
if it's about those stupid
comments on veronica's ig
posts I already told you it's
all an act

my sunshine💓
is it though?!

soft big boy❤️
yes!
call me

my sunshine💓
no

soft big boy❤️
come see me?

my sunshine💓
fine

--Sol POV--

As I stood outside of Bradly's house I began to think of Veronica. At one point Bradly meant a lot to her, as a friend of course, and now here I am, in a secret relationship with him. The worst part of it all was that it started even before things between the two ended. "How long have you been out here," I heard a gruff voice ask. I looked up from my feet to meet his eyes.

"Not long," I answered truthfully. I hid my hands behind myself as a result of the overwhelming nerves.

"Why didn't you knock, or text," Brad wondered.

"Dunno," I shrugged a single shoulder. "Maybe because if I did knock, I'd want to stay." I took a step back.

"Is that bad," he asked me, leaning on the door frame. The wind picked up, and it tumbled a few leaves that were laying on the porch, across my feet.

"I can't do this," I blurted, with my eyes closed tight. Brad stood up straight.

"Do what," Brad asked, but I knew that he knew perfectly well what I was referring to.

Nonetheless, to spare him I answered, "this thing between us, it can't continue." My eyes met his, and I saw pain. Surely mine communicated the same.

"No," Brad refused.

"No? Brad, you can't say no, and expect me to change my mind," I argued. "I've decided, don't make this any harder than it has to be," I stood up straight, trying to assimilate the strength I wish I had at this very moment.

"Tell me you don't feel the same, and I swear I will leave you alone〞Brad bargained, "tell me you don't love me, and this things ends, right here, right now."

"I can't lie to you, but I also can't do this, not to her," I bowed my head.

"Sol..."

"Brad, I can't continue to kee this a secret, and I can't live with the guilt!" I shouted in frustration. "Most of all, I can't keep lying to our friends, my cousin, my family!"

"So you're just going to throw this all away, and for what," Brad scoffed, "a few stupid comments," he crossed his arms. The fact that he didn't acknowledge what I had just told him, and chose to focus solely on the comment dispute proved to me what I knew all along.

"They're not just comments, Brad," what I have known for months, and had shoved down in my subconscious, was now resurfacing, and I couldn't continue to ignore it. "You still love Veronica, you always have, and you always will! I was your second choice, and not because you liked me, but because I resemble her, I represent what you can't have, and I can't be that anymore," at this point tears were forming in my eyes. I was so hurt, and so angry, at him, at myself that I hadn't noticed just how high my tone got. When I saw a neighbor step outside I made myself small, and backed away.

"Sol, please," Bradly stepped away from the door frame to approach me.

"No, Bradly," I moved away from his reach. "I don't want to make a scene... more than I already have," I wiped my tear, and discretely motioned towards the concerned neighbor.

The neighbor must have realized we were talking about her when Brad turned to look at her because she asked, " is everything alright, dear!"

"Yes, thank you, we were just talking," Brad smiled and waved.

"I was asking her," the woman's tone was stern. She must have heard what I had said, and took pitty on me.

"I'm okay, thank you," I waved shyly, "I was just leaving." I walked away from Brad, and down the porch steps.

"Sol, come on."

"Bye Brad," I got in my car, and drove away as fast as I could.

happy freaking birthday to
this pretty lady [♎︎]

happy freaking birthday tothis pretty lady [♎︎]