"just a break"

-- Candace POV--

"Chuck, please open up," I sighed. I massaged my temples with both my hands as I stood outside of Chuck's house. How I wish I had gotten here before his parents left. If only I had left Veronica's a few minutes sooner I would have greeted them at the door, and not the middle of the road.

"No, I know what you came to do," Chuck shouted from inside his home. I sighed, this whole situation has gotten way out of hand. After Veronica's arrival to her penthouse apartment, us girls ran straight for her room to continue talking about my decision to end things with Chuck. What I hadn't realized was that I had butt dialed Chuck, and he heard everything that was discussed, including the big secret Sol had kept from Veronica and I. Stupid touch screens.

"I owe you $10," I said, biting my lip, hoping this would help release tension. A while ago Chuck and I made a bet, he swore Sol and Brad were secretly dating, and I swore there was no way she'd go for sloppy seconds. Turns out, they weren't even sloppy seconds, Sol and Brad had been dating since a few days before he and Veronica broke up. Soon I heard the sound of locks turning, and I relaxed my body. I felt stupid just standing outside begging him to let me in.

"I want two fives," Chuck pouted.

"Of course you," I let out a chuckle. With Chuck it was always the more bills the better, that way his bills wouldn't feel lonely. Chuck stepped aside, granting me entrance to his home. "Chuck, I'm sorry you had to hear it the way you did," I apologized as I headed straight for the couch. I watched him sit across from me, perhaps that was for the best. "Chu-"

"No."

"No, what?" I asked.

"Don't do it," he delicately shook his head, "don't tell me this never meant anything to you."

"I won't, but-"

"You're going to do it," he claimed, balling his hands into fists.

"Let me finish, Chuck," I shouted, sitting up straight to establish dominance. I watched him slump back into the sofa. "I'm doing this because I care." Chuck scoffs. "I don't want to continue to be with you if I'm not sure how I feel about you, I want to take a break until I can figure things out," I explained. "We'll stay fr-"

"Don't say it," Chuck stopped me. "It never happens."

"Fine, well then we won't stay friends during this break," I proposed.

Chuck cracked a smile, "just a break?"

"Yes, but if things change, and I realize being with you isn't what I want, then you have to let me go," I further explained.

"Fine," he hid his face behind his hands. "I lo-"

"Please don't finish that," my voice cracked. I stood up, and he mirrored my actions. We remained frozen in our position for a moment before I approached him. "Thank you for understanding," I whispered.

"One of my best qualities," he shrugged, trying to show that he wasn't hurting as much as he truly was, but I knew. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

"Well, I'll be off now," I breathed as I took a step back from him.

"Yea," he sighed. I turned around, and headed for the door. On any other occasion he would have run to open it up for me, but given how much my being here is hurting him, I didn't mind that he didn't bolt to open the door for me. "I got it," he sprinted for the door, and opened it. I couldn't help but smile as I thanked him.

┏━━━ : *. .* : ━━━┓
PRIVATE IMESSAGE
veronica [hot momma🍷]
candace [jolly rancher💓]
sol [cute asshole🥰]
┗━━━ : *. .* : ━━━┛

jolly rancher💓
it's done

hot momma🍷
must you make it sound like
you've just killed and burried
someone

cute asshole🥰
I mean, technically she did
the love she had for chuck

hot momma🍷
GET OUT OF MY CAUCASIAN
HOME

jolly rancher💓
wtf sol

cute asshole🥰
I'm trying to lighten the mood

jolly rancher💓
you didn't lighten the mood

hot momma🍷
yea, you made it weird

cute asshole🥰
whatever
you coming already?

jolly rancher💓
no, I'm still here

hot momma🍷
omg get out of there you sick
individual

cute asshole🥰
yea, who lingers after a break up

jolly rancher💓
well I wasn't going to text and drive

happy birthday to this beautiful
and talented Mexican woman [♏︎]

happy birthday to this beautifuland talented Mexican woman [♏︎]