"be my love"

┏━━━ : *. .* : ━━━┓
PRIVATE IMESSAGE
betty [my forever love❤️]
veronica [my v💓]
┗━━━ : *. .* : ━━━┛

my v💓
hi, I know you thought you had
me blocked, but chuc managed
to unblock me
look out your window, I've got a
surprise for you

--Betty POV--

I rolled my eyes and set my phone down. I was laying down on my bed catching up on a book I had started a month ago. Veronica was relentless as hell. Ever since I decided to completely cut ties with her a month ago, she'd done nothing but try to communicate with me; I had to resort to blocking her everywhere, and making my friends swear they wouldn't tell Veronica about my whereabouts. In the end it was my own blood that betrayed me.

"Are you not going to look out your window," my older sister Polly asked. She was leaning on the frame of my door. I sat up in bed, crossing my legs. I watched her watch me as I contemplated on whether I would or not. I wondered how she knew about the window, but when I saw my brother Charles peek his head out from behind Polly I knew.

It was then that I heard the strumming of a guitar, and my ears perked up. I recognized that tune, I'd recognize it anywhere. It's our song. I rushed to the window with a smile on my face.

There she was, standing with a guitar in hand, surrounded by our friends, each holding a candle and a rose in the opposite hand. I smiled wider, and my heart swelled. No one has ever done this for me, and suddenly it hit me why I had been avoiding her. She sang the familiar lyrics of our song.

"But maybe one day we can–
Break the Distance..."

I watched in admiration. "You coming down, or are you going to through your mane over the window so I can climb up," Veronica cracked a joked. I rolled my eyes playfully, and pushed away from the window. I ran down the stairs, and towards the front door. When I opened the door, my friends were lined up, waiting to hand me a rose as I walk by.

"If you don't keep her, I will," Cheryl whispered to me, she was the first one in line.

"Hey," Toni bickered.

"I'm joking, I could never," Cheryl assured, and I laughed. She handed me the rose, and I moved on to Toni.

"You hold her and never let go," Toni urged as she too handed me a rose. I went on, recieving my rose from each of my friends that helped. Then I got to Veronica, who held an entire bouquet of roses.

"Elizabeth Cooper," Veronica started. "First, I want to know why you avoided me," she asked.

"I've never had this, you're my first, and it just all felt too real, and it scared me," I confessed.

"Understandable," Veronica nodded. "Second," a huge smile plastered on her face, "will you be my love, a girlfriend to love and to annoy," she proposed. I smiled and nodded as if my life depended on it.

"Forever," I shouted. Veronica hugged me, and picked me up. We spun around as we shared a kiss, and a choir of cheers sounded in the background. Veronica was my girlfriend, and I hers, and all was well. Whether she had stole s my heart, or I hers, or both, nothing else mattered but this moment right now, no one but her.

Welcome to the end of this book! I hope
you've enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed
writing it! Anyway, happy birthday to
this nugget ♐︎

Welcome to the end of this book! I hopeyou've enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyedwriting it! Anyway, happy birthday tothis nugget ♐︎