"friday night fun"

--Charles POV--

Knock knock," I cheekily smiled at the girl sitting on the bed. After Cheryl's epic party everyone went home. Betty asked Veronica to sleep over, that unfortunately included Candace. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty, really pretty, but she's not Heather. The minute she came up to me at the party she seemed so desperate, to prove something, or for validation. Whichever it was, it was annoying.

"Hi," Heather raised her head to meet my gaze. "What are you doing here," she asked me, a smile played on her lips.

"Looking for someone special," I gave her my best charming smile, and proceeded to lean on the door frame.

She twitched her mouth before responding, "Candace is in the bathroom with the others." Heather was jealous, and I loved that. It meant she felt for me what I feel for her.

"Is Betty in there too," I asked, already formulating a plan to spook her.

"Mhm." She continued to flip through the pages of the magazine on her lap, except this time she didn't look up at me.

"Great," I smiled and headed for the bathroom door in Betty's room. I waited a while as I gathered my composure, and then knocked on the door as if my life depended on it.

"Charles you grade A asshole," Betty's angry shouting could be heard over the scared screams.

"Dick," I heard Heather mutter in the background, and I could tell she was laughing. My head ran the images of her beautiful face lighting up, and her dimples showing the wider her smile grew, and I felt happy. I turned around to find her looking at me.

"You bored," I asked approaching the bed.

"I little," Heather frowned. She closed the magazine and tossed it aside.

"I don't know about you, but... a little midnight adventure sounds fun," I tried to seduce her into the idea of ditching the girls, and running off with me. She smiled at me, and I knew she was in. She hopped off the bed to put on her shoes.

"Where are we going," the familiar voice rang behind me. My face dropped, and I turned around to find Candace in pink, lace pijamas. "I want in," she smiled.

"We," I said as I rushed to grab Heather's hand, pulling her to my side, "are going for food," I lied. Heather was struggling to put on her other shoes with only one hand.

"Great, I'll come with," Candace chirped. She was either very ignorant to my not so subtle hint, or she didn't give a shit.

"Awsome, but it is cold, so you might want to change into something more warm," I suggested. Nights in Canada get extremely cold.

"Aww, you're so caring," Candace spun around. I'm sure she was trying to look cute, but it wasn't. She actually looked quite ditzy.

"Heather and I will just wait for you in my room," I said walking out with the brunette still holding on to my hand.

"Hurry, though, I'm really hungry," Heather chimed in.

"Will do," the blonde's tone changed. Heather and I walked out, closing the door to give Candace privacy. Still hand in hand, we rushed down stairs, and out the door. Laughing uncontrollably. I made sure to lock the door, and quickly run to my car.

"Hey, wait for me," Candace shouted. This really sent us into a fit of laughter as we got into the car. I sped away, still laughing.

After our laughter had died down Heather spoke up, "that was kind of mean," she pouted.

"She annoyed me," I answered. "Do you not want to spend alone time with me," I teased.

"Yes," she shouted almost immediately. "I mean, yea, I guess," she tried playing it cool.