"not good at goodbyes"

--Veronica POV--

"Here we are again," I sighed, my heart heavy with dread over the fact that I would have to leave Riverdale, leave Betty.

"I know, I hate it too," Betty empathised almost as if ahe had read my mind. I kicked at the tiled floor beneath me. "Pouting won't help," she teased.

"I know," I moped.

"Just think about the next time you'll see me," Betty encouraged.

"When will that be," I asked her, looking past Betty to see Sol give me a sad look. Archie had tagged along, just to say goodbye to her, and I could tell she too wanted to stay, or at the very least was wondering when we would return.

"We are on summer vacation, you can come whenever," Betty wiggled her eyebrows very vividly. This earned her a smile from me.

"You're the cutest peanut," I poked her nose, and she smiled so wide her eyes hid behind her prominent cheek bones. "Also, again, sorry about Candace," Veronica gestured to the blonde wrapped up in her former ex's arms; a sour faced Bradley beside them.

"No worries, Cheryl took part in that too," Betty dismissed. "It takes two to tango," she insinuated.

"Alright, time to board," Hermione said. This time around, Veronica was allowed to travel alone, simply because she was in company of friends. Both of us frowned as we heard those dreadful words. Without a second more to waste, I pulled her in for a long, and warm hug.

"I'm so not good at goodbyes," my voice cracked.

"I'll be good enough for the both of us," Betty whispered into my ear. She pulled away from the hug to say, "besides, it's not really goodbye," she smiled.

"Until next time," I squeezed both her hands. We exchanged one last smile before letting go, and parting ways.

I ran after my mother who had already taken the escalator up. I turned around to give her one last glance. Archie had an arm around her shoulder, and she around his waist. Betty waived at me, and I waved back. "Until next time," I mouthed. In her hands is a piece of my heart that she had, after all, managed to steal; and until I see her again will I feel whole.

┏━━━ : *. .* : ━━━┓
INSTAGRAM
┗━━━ : *. .* : ━━━┛

@bettycooper story

@verolodge story

happy fucking birthday to the forever youthful queen [♏︎]

forever youthful queen [♏︎]

happy fucking birthday to the forever youthful queen [♏︎]