"sophmores, no more"

The handsome redhead sat on a lounge chair, clutching on to his acoustic guitar, passed down to him by his father, may he rest in peace. If he was going to impress Veronica's cousin, he would do it with music. Archie watched as the familiar face of Veronica walked out to Cheryl's spacious backyard  with her cousin, a beautiful blonde, and two other guys. Was there competition for Sol's love?

"Hey big man, how's it going?" Jughead asked as he gave his friend a big, friendly pat on the back.

"I've got my eyes set on this girl coming in with Veronica," Archie shared a crooked smile as he raised his eyes up to meet Sol's. After a couple of times trying to talk to Sol, she finally gave in a few days ago. "She finally had a full conversation with me, I don't know what changed," the red head shrugged.

"Maybe she got used to your face, and decided you weren't ugly," Jughead wore a poker face. Archie stares at the raven haired boy beside him, and the two burst out laughing.

"Hey," a strong feminine voice greeted the boys. Both Archie and Jughead looked up to find Sol standing infront of them.

"Hey." Archie practically stumbles over himself as he rose to his feet to allow Sol to take his spot on the lounge chair. Sol smiled as she brushed past the red head to take a seat.

"Thank you," Sol tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. The two remained eye contact which made Jughead grow uncomfortable.

"What? Oh yea, I'll be there, Betty," Jughead shouted and rushed away from the scene.

In the distance, Brad stood with Chuck, each held a red solo cup in their hands. "How does it feel to see Candace flirt with that guy," Brad pointed over to a palm tree where Candace and Charles stood underneath.

"Same way it probably feels to watch Sol flirt with the redhead," Chuck smugly drank from his cup, and Brad glared at him.

"Whatever, I never liked Sol anyway..." his voice trailed off. "Excuse me, I'm going to find myself a Riverdale girl I can flirt with," Brad walked away.

"I'm on a break," Chuck whispered to himself, "I can't be flirting."

--Heather POV--

"Look at her," Heather was fuming with jealousy. "She's straight up fooling your brother into thinking she's the perfect girl, but I know... I know," her eyes were narrowed, and focused on the blonde.

"Stop staring," Betty scolded.

"I bet she's not even a real blonde," she blurted.

"Nope, she's a real blonde," Veronica confirmed.

"Shit, I'm sorry Veronica. I know she's your friend, and I'm totally bashing her," Heather apologized.

"Don't worry, if someone were flirting with Betty I'd be the same," Veronica smirked as she continued to observe the situation between Candace and Betty's brother.

"Alright, settle down," Betty smiled. "You too," Betty smacked Heather's hand.

"Let's get in the pool," Betty proposed. Heather was about to agree with Betty when Veronica cut her off and put her hand infront of her.

"I want to meet my brother in law," Veronica said as she began to move towards Charles at a quick pace. She brushed past people seemingly easy. She was a woman on a mission, or more precisely, a girl on a mission; not quite yet a woman. "Hi," she greeted in a very high pitched toned, "I'm-"

"I know who you are," Charles smiled, "bring it in sister in law," he chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Veronica.

"Not actually, though," Betty interjected, referring time all the "in law" talk.