fourteen

TW: assault // this chapter may be triggering so please don't read if rape/ assault bothers you (it's not descriptive but shit still happens)

Eddie was sitting in the room Mike had allows him to stay in. It was warm and comfortable. Mike had also given him a pair of clothes that weren't white and were much more comfortable than Lucantian clothes.

To his surprise, Eddie was thinking of Richie. He had no clue why Richie's anger and look of betrayal impacted him so much. They were from two different places and probably wouldn't have gotten along if they were both from Luceat or Tenebris.

Would they?

Eddie shook his head. No, he couldn't want to befriend Richie. He was a Tenebrian rebel who killed animals and kidnapped people. They had nothing in common except their equal desire to escape Divisus, and even then Eddie was sure Richie would want to return to protect the other Tenebrians.

Eddie thought it was noble, but he still didn't like Richie.

Did he?

"No, no, no," Eddie scolded himself. "He's not like me. He hates me."

A knock on his door distracted him. Eddie figured it was Mike, so he got up and walked over to the door. He opened it and immediately backed up, tripping over himself and landing on the floor.

Patrick and Henry pushed their way in, towering over him.

"Go away," Eddie said in a shaky voice. "R-Richie told you two to leave me alone."

Patrick barked out a laugh and Henry grabbed his collar, lifting Eddie up so they were face to face.

"Does it look like Richie's here? He actually told us not to kill you, but we locked him downstairs. No one can save you now kid," Henry said with a laugh as Patrick closed the door.

If Eddie had been smarter, he would've screamed for Mike. However, he was too focused on the fact that Richie had tried to protect him.

Before he got the chance to yell out for help, Henry had balled up a piece of Eddie's old clothing from the ground and shoved it in his mouth, reducing him to silence.

Eddie screamed from his throat, but the sound wasn't loud enough.

Henry dragged him over the the chair in the room and tied his hands to it before walking back in front of him and admiring the work he'd done.

"Hm," Patrick hummed, running his finger over Eddie's cheek, who tried to yell at him, but didn't succeed. "Go get our knives."

Henry usually would've gotten pissed, but he could tell Patrick needed to be the one to hurt Eddie. For some reason, his mind was set on hurting the kid, but Henry wasn't complaining.

So, he left Eddie alone with Patrick, who began pacing the room, humming.

"I could do whatever I want to you," he stated, as if telling Eddie would reinforce the fact that he was powerless. "No one would ever know."

Eddie rolled his eyes, knowing he probably shouldn't. He couldn't speak, but if he could, he'd shoot some sarcastic remark to Patrick.

Patrick walked over so he was towering above Eddie, who rolled his eyes again. The Tenebrian glared and slapped Eddie across the face, forcefully using his nails to cut through the skin. It began to bleed a little, tears in Eddie's eyes from the stinging pain.

"Aw, did that hurt?" Patrick asked, bending down and relishing in Eddie's tears. "Luci, the worse is yet to come."

Henry returned with the knives, and Eddie immediately began to panic. Not just because of the weapons, but because he'd have to have taken them from Mike. Was Mike okay?

"What should we do?" Henry asked, gripping his personal knife.

"Hand me Richie's knife," Patrick said, and he was handed a silver blade with a black handle. It was easily the sharpest weapon. "How about we trace out his veins as lightly as we can so he has to sit in the pain while he bleeds out? It's not like we're in a rush."

Henry nodded in agreement. "The Ponanian's knocked out, so we can take out the gag. I want to hear him beg."

Patrick ripped the fabric from Eddie's mouth, but he didn't say anything.

Eddie was stubborn and refused to scream or yell. He was going to die either way, so he refused to allow his attackers the satisfaction of knowing he was hurting.

"Beg us not to kill you," Patrick said, pulling Eddie's right arm out of its binding and holding it up to see the tattoo.

Eddie glared and spat in his face. "Go to hell," he snarled, trying to tug his hand away.

Patrick wiped the saliva away and smirked at Eddie. "Let's get started then," he said in a dark voice, lightly dragging the tip over the wound Bev had left a couple of days before.

When Patrick pushed the tip of the blade into Eddie's tattoo, he bit his tongue to keep quiet. There was no way he'd scream out in pain. He tasted blood from biting his tongue so hard, as Patrick began to rip through his arm, blood pouring down the sides.

"Tell me it hurts," Patrick growled. "If you do, maybe I won't kill you right now."

"I'd rather die than give you the satisfaction of my pain," Eddie snapped back, trying to kick at Patrick.

His instincts were screaming at him to do whatever he had to in order to stay alive, but Eddie ignored them. He would die with his pride still intact.

Patrick glared at him and dig the knife deeper, making Eddie let out a squeak of pain. The Tenebrian laughed deeply.

"Guess I'll just have to cut deep enough to make you scream," he snarled, dragging the knife along the tattoo, pushing so hard that Eddie couldn't help but let out weak yells of pain.

Eddie had started crying, but refused to let the tears fall. He tried to keep them in, but they did anyway, earning laughs from Patrick and Henry.

Eventually Eddie began to feel numb. The knife had cut all over his tattoo, making a red arrow shine on his arm. They continued to mark him with the knife, all up and down his right arm, leaving small cuts.

Eventually Patrick left the room and Henry proceeded to touch Eddie in places he didn't want to be touched. He didn't have the energy to stop him, but did try to beg him to stop. Henry refused to listen and eventually he was naked on the bed in the room. Henry proceeded to rape him, making Eddie scream out in pain.

After it was done, Henry tied his arms up and covered his lower half with a sheet, only for Patrick to return to the room and continue hurting him. They cut his chest, making him cry out in pain, finally begging them to stop.

Then, it all stopped.

Eddie caught the blurry sight of Patrick vomiting blood before he blacked out.

Before he lost himself to the mental darkness, one thought coursed through his mind.

"I was right. All they are is rapists and killers."