thirty six

The Konillian base was in a full fledged panic. Everyone was running around, trying to find their children and rushing their bonds so they stayed close.

Avi, Katie, Edwin, Richie, and Eddie rushed to a table in the main area, the bonds following them closely.

"Everyone calm the fuck down!" Edwin yelled, but very few people listened.

Avi and Katie shared eye contact before both calling to their bonds. Jynx and Hazel leapt on to separate tables and roared loudly, the combined sounds echoing in the shaking room.

Everyone came to a slow down, their bonds having heard the cats calls. They were the bonds of the children of the leader of Konilla, so they were highly respected by the other bonds.

"Everyone must calm down, now!" Katie yelled, hopping to the table where her bond was. "My father is gathering information as of now, but we are under some kind of attack. We will need to carry out our under attack procedure."

"The children will he guided to the bunker by the elders. We ask that those in good health stay among us to identify the situation, possibly fighting if that's necessary. If you do not wish to be a warrior, head to the west side of the mountain and exit the premise! Protect each other and yourselves," Edwin ordered, before repeating the instructions in the Konillian language that they'd grown accustomed to hearing.

The children and some adults quickly began to move, heading toward the throne room and down a hallway beside it.

Richie grabbed Eddie's arm, pulling his attention. "Go with them," he said, nodding toward the people going to take cover.

"What the fuck?!" Eddie asked, glaring at his boyfriend. "I'm not fucking leaving you! If they get in here and Klais sees you, you're dead! I can't let you die!"

Richie kissed him, stopping his angry shouts. "Eds, I'm going to be okay. I'm a fighter. I can't let you get hurt. We don't even know if Klais will be here. He could be on Pona with his counsel still. Cassie said it was just a fleet of Lucantian warriors, right?"

"Yes, but they have developed weapons! All we have are dragons and bonds!"

Bill, Bev, Ben, Stan, and Mike ran up to the two fighting.

"I'm staying. The Lucantians need to leave. It's too dangerous and they're not fighters," Richie said, shoving Eddie toward his brother. "Get out of here, Eds."

Eddie began to protest, but Bill grabbed his arm and kept him away from Richie.

"He's r-right, Eddie. We'll j-j-just be in the way," Bill said, pulling Eddie toward the other group of runners. He gave Richie a respectful nod, thanking him for not making Eddie stay or wanting him to fight.

"I'll see you in a bit," Richie said with a soft smile, despite Eddie's continuous yells of protest and anger.

Mike stayed behind with the Tenebrians, patting Richie's shoulder. He may have acted tough, but fear was radiating off of him.

"Tenebrians!" Katie yelled, Hazel following at her heels. "Which one of you has the Mocca in our entrance?"

"Me," Richie said, remembering the injury on Iris's leg. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine, our doctors healed her. Might want to have her come in here," Avi said, walking toward a closet type room. "She'll want to fight I assume?"

"Likely," Richie responded, pulling out his flute and gently blowing on it. The melody echoed through the room and Iris flew in, landing behind Richie.

She didn't growl at anyone, instead sniffing Richie and making sure he was okay. He didn't stop her but continued to listen to Avi and Katie's chaotic rambling as they talked about their strategies.