Epilogue

Day 37 of Exile

The ship landed near the island, its inhabitants climbing into the rowboat hanging off the side and rowing to the shore. They kept checking around themselves, making sure no one was watching them.

When they landed on the island, the group disembarked and made their way to the beach, where a small fire was lit.

The people from the ship stood around it, a middle aged man sitting in front of it for warmth. Beside him was a man who looked to be about twenty.

"It's about time you found us!" the younger man snapped, scratching the faded arrow on his arm. "It's been thirty seven fucking days!"

"Quiet, Henry," the other man said. "I assume it was near impossible to find one chain island we've resided on for over a month."

The leader of the group of ship dwellers sat down, nodding. "I'm horribly sorry, sir. We had very little time. The Ponanian forces have taken many of our traitors, and we were lucky to escape. I doubt they'll look, but there's always a chance."

The man laughed darkly. "I hope they do. Our technology has been taken from Luceat?"

"Yes, sir. On the ship."

The middle aged man stood up, helping Henry up. "Then we mustn't waste precious time. I wish revenge on a pair of individuals that will soon be married."

Henry scoffed. "Klais, they won't be easy to catch. I assume that Pona and Konilla will unite, and it's only a matter of time before they're joined by the whole of Divisus."

Klais smiled. "When we use our technology on them, they'll have no choice anymore. I, for one, cannot wait to murder them. I know you want it as well," he said, patting Henry's shoulder.

Henry was silent for a second, then nodded. "Yes, sir," he said.

Klais and Henry followed the guards to their rowboat and sat as they towed toward the ship.

There was much to do to prepare for the downfall of their enemies.