Dræm Boy

realistically speaking, this is how i view the relationship between any of the sports characters and possible romantic interests - love from afar or courtly love

When asking what it is like to love someone, another will say it is suffering. To watch them walk beside a stranger with a calm composure creates confusion. To see them converse with a smile on their lips makes anger. To see them simply within a presence that is not their own spins the wheel of madness. This obsession – this simple feeling of want devours in a cruel cycle called 'love.' It seems almost as if it is a mocking notion created by those who have never experienced the struggle to move on.

"Hey, hey you!" A nameless woman with messy hair and brown eyes looks upward to concentrate their gaze into depthless hazel orbs. Strong and a lovely color of brown, the eyes of Kuroo Tetsurou are easy to drown in. Moments pass and silence is swallowed by the sound of clapping.

"Lecture's already over, time to go home now."

Tall with a muscular stature, the nameless one follows the teen with eyes as sharp as a hawk. There's this strange longing feeling that fills the mind as fingers twitch and pupils dilate.

Capture and never let go, it was that simple.

_____

"You're late!"

The sound of squeaking sneakers against the gym surface and heavy breaths sound unpleasant to the ear. Colors spin as black and red seeps within the picture and destroys hues. His hazel eyes seem to be the only thing worth paying attention to, especially when they stare hard enough to burn holes through human skin.

"Get some water, time for break!" Teammates follow after the command from their beloved captain as they scurry off with quick steps. With hair far too long and the preference of unflattering cloths, she isn't surprised to hear that there are many confused about her gender. It simple to stick within the realms of the unknown, but the nameless one only loved one thing.

'If only, if only...'

Clasped hands and closed eyes, a wish to anyone listening is sent out.

_____

There is a simple wish, and that is to become beautiful enough to capture his favor. The mischievous captain who had gorgeous orbs and passion that could quell nervous hearts turned her into a love blinded fool, yet she seemed to have intense fascination to the point of never wanting to let go.

'I want to be close to you.'

'I want to talk to you.'

'I want to be with you.'

Simple wishes too easy to perform are nothing but hurdles as large as walls to scale over. Each brick stacked upon each other does not sway no matter how hard one pushes, and the feeling of hopelessness as this unhealthy need for another begins to piece away sanity.

"Oh... I just love him so much..."

This blind and empty one-sided desire to have something that could never be taken eats and eats as the heart chips away into dust.

_____

"Senpai, you had a good run."

"You were cool out there."

"Yeah."

The graduation ceremony begins and ends smoothly. No overly dramatic speeches or tears, just simple passing of words that are thrown into the wind. Caution and passionless wishes of luck are passed from each individual, all of which appear to sound genuine. She stares at him, the remnants of hazel etched into the mind as the last image imparted to her desperate soul is a small smile and the soft whisper of 'thank you'.

[ someday... ]