R.E.M.

"I love you."

For a set amount of weeks, your words of confession followed him around like a needy puppy. It was the first time he received a sudden admission, especially with it coming from a person who loved dogs more than humans. Kuroo first thought nothing of it till the following five minutes he spent with you after said confession as you showered him in affections he could barely comprehend. Your hands slipped into his, the smiles you turned his way blinded him, and he was nothing but dumbfounded until the three words you shared with him finally sank in.

"Really weird, huh?" Kuroo finds himself laughing, albeit in a creepy manner beside a distracted Kenma busy mashing away at his Nontendo Swatch. Kenma nonetheless was listening to his friend's rambling, his words not surprising the brunette-blonde who aimed at a bumbling villain mob.

"Not really. ______-san is clear with her intentions." Kenma knew you like an open book -- you weren't shy about sharing your opinions.

"Ah, yeah, she is." Kuroo should have known better, but it was still so foreign to him.

"Shouldn't you be meeting ______-san right now? I'm sure she brought you something again." Lovers, gross.

"Right, right, you jealous?" A feline-like grin appears on Kuroo's face as his arm moves around Kenma's shoulders as he drags the shorter boy close with a finger extended to poke his cheeks.

"Leave me alone already, I don't know why _____-san likes you." Kuroo audibly sighs, finger sinking back to his lap as he finds himself wondering the same thing.

"I don't know either, really."

"You're like a dream to me."

"Hey Kenma, what does being a "dream" mean anyway?" Kuroo's gaze points upward to a fading sky as the blonde's words fall on deaf ears. Kuroo would ask him about it later, but ______ would be coming out soon, and it would be best to ask her first.