Walking in the Moonlight

"I see you in my dreams, you know? You'd be skipping around, laughing with that pretty smile of yours, hopping about without a care. You'd make my blood boil with your words; did you know you're really good at provocation?" Kuroo Tetsurou takes a moment to sip his sake cup before continuing, "I think I fell in love with that image of you. Since then, I've been chasing that shadow you've left in my crowded thoughts. You've made a mess here, can't you at least try and clean it up?"

Below the stormy sky stands an older, more tired Kuroo staring downwards. Tired eyes, tired heart, it feels as if years of being active took a toll on him. His favorite activities were slightly difficult to pursue, some he felt weren't worth his effort. He hated that sense of defeat he assigned himself to, but what else could he do? Energy is a precious resource, wasting it all in different places just wasn't worth the trouble anymore. Ah, what happened to him? The blood that flowed through his veins were fighting for a lost purpose.

"Maybe I'm just old, but I feel so tired. I've been trying to diverse my interests after work. Sometimes it feels like I'm forcing myself like you said before. You're probably right, but admitting it won't do me any good," Kuroo takes a moment to sit himself down on the grass beside you. At this point he physically feels weaker when he sees your smiling face. "I do miss the times we've talked about non-work related stuff, was more fun." The ravenette scratches the back of his head, finding himself at a loss of words for the first time. The more he stares at you, the more he feels himself coming to a blank. What was next after this? He loved his job, but sometimes the days melted together. Time was a concept after all, but it still blurred his memories together into meaningless images.

"Hmm, I do miss the others at times. You think they're doing well? Ah, youth. It's funny when I say I'm so old sometimes, but it just feels like the truth. You remember Lev? Yeah, he's doing good. Modeling is what he got into, but he still shares that love of volleyball with the guys. Ah, I kinda wanna play a round. You think I'd do good after all these years?" Kuroo leans closer to you, lips inching to yours. Your eyes stare back with a happy emptiness; you won't be giving back that warmth he was seeking anyway.

"Well, I just wanna let you know you never left. That one place you choose to sit at? Yeah, you never left. Not once have you ever left my mind, ______. I really miss you that much." Kuroo places his forehead against the slab of stone with your name - American burial traditions were so much more different from he's used to, but Kuroo was glad he could at least see your face. On that milky-white marble was your name, his favorite picture of you, your birthday, and your death year.

"Sometimes I walk around blankly thinking of you. How are you doing? They treating you well up there?" Kuroo chuckles at his words before picking himself up off the ground. He'd visit you again during your anniversary with the same red carnations you loved so much. Sometimes he'd mix pink in along with yellows to piss you off, but you always joked around regarding your pickiness.

"I'll see you again, promise."

hello
i'm sorry i'm taking long on updates
a lot of what i've written lately isn't up to par with what i want
so i've been taking my time while balancing commissions
i'm mostly focusing pretty boys as i wanna get through the first year
either way, thanks for supporting me