Chapter 7

*Everleigh's P.O.V*
~8 weeks later~
Today is the gender ultrasound and tomorrow we are having the gender reveal party. I'm getting ready for the ultrasound appointment right now. I grab a purple maternity shirt and a pair of black leggings. I go to the bathroom and take a quick shower. Once done, I get out and quickly get dressed after drying off. I dry my hair with my towel and brush it before braiding it. I put on a little bit of mascara and leave the bathroom. I go to my room and grab my phone before going downstairs. I grab my boots from by the door and put them on. I grab my purse and car keys and head out to my car. I start the engine and back out the driveway. I head to the doctor's office, where I am meeting up with Calum. Once I get to the doctors, I park and grab my phone, keys and purse before getting out. I head towards the doors of the doctor's office building, where I see Calum standing there on his phone.
"Hey," I say as I walk up to him.
"Hey," Calum says as we walk into the doctor's office.
I walk over to the receptionist and check-in. Then sitting in the waiting room chairs with Calum until a nurse calls my name. We follow her back and stop to get my weight and other measurements, then we go to a room. The nurse leaves and about 2 minutes later, my doctor comes in.
"Hello, how are you doing today, Everleigh," my doctor says.
"I'm good. How are you," I ask.
"I'm good. Thanks," my doctor says and I smile.
"You ready to get started," my doctor asks grabbing the ultrasound gel.
"Yeah," I say and the doctor puts the ultrasound gel on my stomach.
After moving the ultrasound wand around for about a minute, before we can see our beautiful baby.
"Would you like to know the gender of your babies," my doctor asks after moving the ultrasound wand around some more.
"Babies? As in more than one," I ask.
"Yeah. You are having twins," my doctor says.
"Is it normal to not notice the other one until now," I ask.
"It actually does happen a lot," my doctor says.
"Wow. This is crazy," Calum says.
"Do you want to know the genders today," my doctor asks.
"Can you put it in an envelope? We are going to do a gender reveal party," I say.
"Yeah, of course," my doctor says and turns the screen away from us, so we can't see what the gender is on the screen.
At the end of the appointment, the doctor gave us an envelope with the genders in it. I can't wait to know the gender of my precious babies and I can't wait to meet them. After leaving the doctor's office, I head home and basically just watch tv for the rest of the day until I go to bed.
~The next day~
Today is the day of our gender reveal. The only person that knows that we are having twins other than Calum and myself, of course, is Kinsley. I mean she is the one throwing the gender reveal party for us. I'm so excited and can't wait to find out the genders. Kinsley just left to get the two black balloons that will have the color for the genders as glitter or confetti inside them. The party starts in 3 hours. I can't wait to see all of my friends and family that I haven't seen in a while. Well, Kinsley should be home soon, I'm supposed to decorate while she is gone. I start by using the bunch-o-balloons thing to air up the balloons faster. I have already finished all of the pink ones and about half of the blue ones. Once I finish all of the balloons, I start hanging up the streamers and getting other things ready. I put pink and blue table clothes on all of the rented tables. I am almost finished by the time Kinsley walks in the door with the two black balloons. Kindly puts the balloons in the hall closet for now and helps me with the rest of the decorations. Once the decorations are finished, we sit on the couch and watch Grey's Anatomy. After 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy, the guests start to arrive, so we turn the tv off and entertain our friends and family as they arrive. An hour or so into the party, Kinsley gets the balloons out of the closet.
"Wait, why is there 2 balloons," Ashton asks.
"We are having twins," Calum announces.
"What? No way," Luke says.
"Yeah," I say smiling.
Kinsley hands a balloon to Calum and a balloon to me and then gives us each a needle to pop them. Everyone begins counting down from five and then we pop the balloons at the same time. Pink confetti and glitter falls from both balloons as we pop them at the same time.
"We are having girls," I say excitedly.
"I know," Calum says smiling before hugging me.
Everyone in the room cheers. I can't wait to meet my beautiful sweet little baby princesses. We have 4 months until we meet them and need to come up with names for them. I will talk to Calum about names later. After about two hours, everyone starts to leave except Calum and Ashton. Kinsley and Ashton go in her room and Calum and I sit on the couch.
"What should we name them," Calum asks.
"I really like Aubree Nicole," I say.
"I like that. I also like Audrey Marie," Calum says.
"I like that one too," I say.
"I think they are named then," Calum says.
"Yes, they are," I say smiling.
After about an hour, Calum leaves and I go to bed.