Chapter 5-secrets

I'm woken up by a message at 5am. Wtf. Who would send me a message at this time.

*good morning sunshine.
Jake*

Jake! How the hell did he get my new number? I got a new number 2months after our breakup

I'm starting to think that Jake is a psychopath. First he convinces me to date him with his sweet words the next thing he's cheating on me with everything on skirt and then we break up. Now he's tryna act as if nothing happened and we're cool with each other simply because Mrs Bee made him my calculus tutor. My God.

Okay, I'm not gonna die from over thinking. I drop my phone back on the shelf next to my bed and then rest my head back on my pillow, I need more hours to sleep

----

"Ariana why are you still sleeping by this time" mum  says stepping into my bedroom "get up honey, you have to prepare for school"

"Mum. Give me 5 more minutes"

"No Darling, you'll be late for school"

"Fine" I say getting up "I'll be downstairs in 5 minutes" I say entering into my bathtub. I wish I could have a bubble bath but I can't, I'll just have a quick shower then head out.

"Breakfast will be ready by  then" mum says leaving my room

After my quick shower, I get dressed in a white crop top and a mini skirt with dark boots. Then I apply a little makeup before heading downstairs to have breakfast

Seems mum made  eggs and Bacon again. She makes this every morning. Ugh

I take a sit opposite her on the dinning table and eat then get my car keys before heading out

----

There's a perfect space in the parking lot for me to park my car, so I gently swerve in, but as I'm about to make a right turn into the perfect space, a pink voltex pro quickly over takes me and drives into my space. Seriously!! I yell hitting my horn but the driver only ignores me and parks the car  there. And I'm only shocked a little when Lana steps out of the car. Just knew it. The only devil that'll do something like this to someone. She gives me a sly smile before walking into the school without a second glance. Bitch.

Great. Now I have to find another perfect spot since this one has been taken 

I manage to find one and this time, I don't take any chances and just drive in quickly.
After parking, I walk triumphantly into the school and straight to my locker. When I get there, I see Hailey standing by her own locker texting someone and smiling like a child whose been given candy. She doesn't even notice me walking over to her

"Hey Hailey, what's up with the huge smile" I say pausing in front of her and her facial expression changes immediately into one of shock and then neutral.

"Nothing, just read a funny meme online" she says trying to hide her phones screen

But I manage to see it and I realise she's actually chatting with someone. Why is she lying to me. We're supposed to be best friends

"You sure" I ask giving her a final chance to tell me the truth

"Off course, would I lie to you" she asks trying to smile,but she's obviously failing miserably "so how did your lesson with Jake and Damien go yesterday?" She asks obviously changing the subject

And I just go with the flow

"It was actually not that bad. I actually had fun. Damien isn't that bad either. Infact we bonded and he even asked for my number after dropping me off at home" I say almost giggling from excitement

"Omg!" She exclaims "that's so cool"

"And that's not all, Jake couldn't stop gawking at me and trying to act all sexy around me, It was so unbearable. He even texted me this morning around 5am" I say showing her the text and her smile suddenly drops but I choose to ignore that. "I wonder how he got my number though. He's completely crazy"

"Yeah, he is" she says "I got to go. Talk later" she says walking away

Okay so what's up with everyone today. Hailey is obviously hiding something and I have to find out so I decide to follow her.

She walks into the library and seats near our favourite spot. Looks like she's waiting for someone. I quickly enter the library when she's not looking and take a seat where she wouldn't notice me so easily. I wonder who she's waiting for.
She takes her phone out and starts texting someone again. This is so unlike Hailey. She doesn't like texting people in school unless it's important.
Just then, a familiar guy enters into the library and takes a seat next to Hailey and I'm shocked when they hug so tightly like they haven't seen each other in ages. OMG.

What's going on. Why are they talking like they've been best friends since  forever, or is my mind playing games with me.

Now it looks like she's scolding him about something. I wish I could hear what they were saying.
After what seems like forever, they hug once again before she stands up and walks out of the library without a second glance.

Could my best friend and my ex boyfriend be having a secret affair? Fuck

Why would Hailey hide the fact that she's still friends with Jake from me? Could this be the reason behind her strange behaviour lately? 

I don't know if I should talk to her about this or not. This is terrible

I spend the rest of the day thinking about the worst that could happen if I find out that Hailey and Jake are seeing each other.  That'll be so fucked up.

It's lunch break and we're in the cafeteria in our usual spot. They're all engulfed in a heated debate about who'd win if a lion and a gorilla fought. And I just occasionally roll my eyes at the dumb points each of them are throwing in. This is so crazy.

It's so strange that I haven't seen Jake since the library incident this morning. I wonder where he is. And its at this very moment that I realise that Hailey is also missing. Seriously?! What's happening.

"Hey guys, where's Hailey" I ask interrupting their dumb argument

"I'm right here" she says hurriedly taking a seat at the table, at same time adjusting her hair and clothes

"Whoa hails, you look like you've just come out from a heated make out session" Gerald says analyzing her

And he's correct

I just hope that my suspicions aren't true. I don't know if I'll be able to forgive Hailey if they are 

"What!? No way. I just fell down. That's all"

"Are you sure?" Becca asks looking concerned

"Yeah. I'm fine though"

And with that, they go back to their dumb argument and Hailey tries her best to avoid eye contact with me while I try to guilt trip her with my puppy dog eyes and angry glares. I'm a bit crazy.

**hey hey hey people. Update..!

So who knows what Hailey is up to with Jake? Any thoughts?

Well, we'll find out soon though. Pls vote and comment. Thank u!!**