Chapter 19 - welcome to Clifford high

"Honey are you still giving me the silent treatment?" Mum asks after I've totally ignored her existence for about 6 hours now "Ariana talk to me, I'm your mother and you have no right to stay mad at me or ignore me when I speak to you"

"Mum. Why didn't you tell me that Jim was coming" I finally speak up after much contemplation

"Because I wanted it to be a surprise honey. I'm sorry, I thought you'd be excited to finally have your brother back"

"Well I guess you should stop assuming. First you kept your affair with dad from me, then you hid the fact that Jim was coming over. What's next?! I mean when did you start keeping things from me"

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. I guess I shouldn't have assumed"

"Is there anything else you might probably wanna tell me? Or are you gonna keep assuming I'll be okay with it".

"Well I don't think so, but Jim is moving permanently and he's starting at Clifford high. He'll be repeating senior year. Just this final months and I've discussed everything with the principal"

What?!!!!

"No. No mum. But why!? As if having to see dads face everyday isn't bad enough, now Jim too? And we have to go to same school! Why can't they go back to Chicago"

"Well we're trying to make things work for yours and Jim's sake"

"Well I didn't ask you to mum"

"Ho..."

"Just leave me alone" I say cutting her short as I run back to my room.

I'm contemplating running away to Hailey's house or somewhere they won't find me. Ughhhh! How could my mum do this to me.

I have too many problems at the moment; Jake still doesn't wanna pick my calls. and if he does, its to tell me to f**k off.
Damien keeps calling even though I told him to also f**k off.
My long lost brother is back home and my dad too
What else could possibly go wrong!?

***

"Good morning sleepy head" Hailey says throwing herself on me with caution as my left arm is still broken

Seems I have to resume school today, despite my broken arm

"Hailey! Get off me you chicken"

"Get up. Its Monday and you don't wanna be late for your first day of school after your 3 weeks break"

"Who said I don't?" I say smirking

"Get up"

"But I don't wanna keep seeing Jim in school"

"Wait. Jim is coming to Clifford high!?"

"Yes! Can you believe it"

"I'm sorry b"

"Yeah whatever. I guess I'll have to adapt"

"Yeah so get up"

"Fine". I say getting out of my blanket. Oh it's so warm

"you have 5 minutes to shower and get your chubby ass downstairs where I'll be getting free breakfast" she says standing up from my bed

"Hailey. You could get free breakfast in your house where you live and eat for free"

"Blah blah blah"

Typical Hailey.

While showering, I wonder how I'll react when I finally get to see Jake and talk to him. I just hope he doesn't avoid me like the plague though.