Chapter 17

After about half an hour, Adithi and Sindhu realized they completely forgot about the guys. After which Sindhu made introductions between Adithi and Gautham, and Adithi started rampaging Gautham with questions. Seeing that Adithi won't be done with Gautham any time soon, Sindhu walked towards Aryan.

Sindhu gave Aryan a long tight hug and told, "I missed you."

Aryan ruffled her hairs and said, "Yeah me too."

Sindhu let go of Aryan but leaned on him lazily. Aryan let out a chuckle and put his arms around her shoulders and let her lean on him properly. Sindhu was actually clingy sometimes but she behaved like that when she was struggling with something. Sindhu never really sought him out when she was emotionally weak or disturbed. But she always discussed the pros and cons with him before making any sort of decisions in her life. The only thing she never really discussed was when she moved to Bangalore. The three years she was there, she barely talked with him and she never really told Aryan about anything that happened in those three years.

It did hurt Aryan but then he never made it an issue since he figured she was not ready to talk about it yet.

But Sindhu changed when she came back from Bangalore.

Before she went to Bangalore, she always had that slight resentment towards her parents. You can always see that slight change in her demeanor whenever she talked about her parents. She always felt that they were suffocating her or restricting her.

But now, the way she behaved, it was apparent that for some reason she was restricting herself... suffocating herself.

"What are you going to do about him?? Seeing as you brought him over to see me, you must have come to some sort of conclusion." Aryan asked in a soft voice.

"I've decided to go ahead with the marriage," Sindhu replied simply.

"You told him that yet??" Aryan asked gesturing at Gautham.

"Not yet," Sindhu said looking at Gautham. She let out a chuckle looking at Gautham. He was in process of answering some blunt question that Adithi must have put forth with an awkward smile and a slight blush creeping around his neck. Sindhu had a pleasant smile looking at Gautham.

"How is he??" Aryan asked. He felt a slight difference in her from the last time he saw her. He knew Sindhu was dead against marriages. So she always had this frown whenever anyone brought the topic. She agreed to give it a try because of her parents. Aryan was dead sure Sindhu would scare the poor guy within hours. So he was a bit surprised to see that smile on her face... and how calm she looked right this moment when she said she is going to marry.

"He is perfect," Sindhu whispered. "You know, when I am with him, I feel like I can breathe."

Gautham must have felt Sindhu's eyes on him. So he turned around and arched his brows in a questioning manner. Sindhu just shook his heads with a smile. Only after making sure that nothing was wrong that Gautham took his eyes off Sindhu and continued his conversation with Adithi.

"He cares about you... a lot," Aryan stated.

"I know," Sindhu said still leaning on his chest.

"Will you be happy with him??" Aryan asked.

"I don't know. Maybe," Sindhu said unsure.

"How are his parents??" Aryan asked again.

"They are beyond perfect," Sindhu answered with a warm smile on her face.

"Then what are you truly afraid of??" Aryan asked confused.

"Myself actually," Sindhu whispered.

Aryan rubbed on her arms in a comforting manner and brought her close and said in a gentle voice, "Hey, you have nothing to be scared of. You are going to be amazing, alright??"

"Hmm," Sindhu said even though she did not exactly agree with his assessment.

Aryan knew she disagrees but he also knew how stubborn she was. So he knew no matter what he said or did she would never believe him. So he just let her be.

Sindhu finally completely let go of Aryan and decided it was time to rescue Gautham from Adithi's clutches. By now she knew Adithi must have extracted the full bio-data from Gautham. Adithi probably knows more about him than Sindhu does at this point.

That is one reason she adored Adithi in the first place. She was straight forward and carefree in a weird way. She will ask anything to face. And she doesn't have one bashful bone on her body.