Chapter 50

In the first week of their honeymoon, they did not really set foot outside of the house. They barely even got out of the bed. Gautham couldn't keep his hands off of her. For him, she was like a drug that he couldn't get rid of once he had a taste of. On top of it, Sindhu kept teasing and tempting him endlessly that almost always led them back to bed. They came impossibly closer to each other both physically and emotionally.

And in the second week, Sindhu took him out to all her old hangout spots. She showed a glimpse into her lifestyle in Bangalore. And like John said, it was a whole lot of wild crazy. She took him to some sort of boxing ring... thankfully she did not participate. Then she went to some club where she introduced him to some biker friends. Just the way they drove their bikes churned his stomach upside down. And he thought about Sindhu doing that shit, he couldn't agree more with John. She was challenging the universe after all. And thankfully universe was not too harsh on her.

Now they were outside Sindhu's parents place. Gautham shook her awake.

Sindhu looked around confused and asked, "Why are we here?? Did mum call??"

Gautham shook his head and gave her a meaningful look and said, "I don't want you to have any regrets Sindhu."

When he asked her what was that one thing she regretted the most at that moment, Sindhu said, "I regret not making up with my mum. I regretted the fact that she never knew me as Ms. Annonymous. If she had known, she would have been so proud. The whole family would have been proud. And if I had died, they wouldn't have ever been able to convey that. When I thought of that, a feeling of despair spread through me without realizing."

"But Gautham, now??" Sindhu asked looking at him nervously.

"Why are you postponing this Sindhu??" Gautham asked.

"I am scared. What if they get disappointed instead??? You know I did some pretty bad stuff there. What if they don't understand anything??" Sindhu replied nervously.

"Well if they do, at least you will know you tried right?? So you won't have any regrets. And if they don't understand you can always come here again and explain one more time" Gautham said.

Sindhu nodded her head and got down. She looked back but Gautham was not getting out.

"You are not coming??" Sindhu asked.

"No baby. This is something you have to do by yourself baby. You needed a push and I gave you that. Now you don't need me. You can do this right?? You are my brave girl right??" Gautham said giving her a lingering kiss on her lips.

"Just remember that, it is your mum baby. She loves you with all your faults baby even if she is not showing it right. And you love her no matter how much you might have resented her. Just go in and talk. Just open up to her like you did with me. Give her a chance Sindhu; I am sure she is not going to disappoint you this time. And even if she does, you can always give her one more chance right?? I will come pick you up tomorrow morning." Gautham said rubbing her head lovingly.

Sindhu nodded her head and went in. And she did exactly what Gautham asked of her. She talked to her mum. She opened up to her about everything from her childhood to Bangalore. She might have omitted some parts of her adventure in Bangalore but she told her a gist of it.

When she was done, Renuka did not speak anything but tears just kept rolling down her cheeks endlessly while Sindhu mirrored her action.

And with those tears, Sindhu washed away whatever grudge she still held. And with that the final knot on her heart at last opened.

She felt completely free for the very first time in her life. And this feeling was blissful. And at that moment she missed Gautham. She hurriedly bid her mum goodbye and came back to her home with a bunch of flowers and a card. Then she snuck into their room quietly. She placed the flowers and a card beside it on the night stand. She freshened up and quietly got into the bed beside him and went to sleep.

Next morning when he woke up, he was surprised to see a sleeping Sindhu beside him. And then his eyes landed on the flowers and the card. He leaned and gave kiss on top of her head before getting out of bed. Then he opened the card and it read...

"I know flowers are so cringe worthily cliché. I literally cringed when I bought them, but even then... even though I hated it and was completely inexperienced... I wanted to buy them for you.

For a person who couldn't really understand or accept herself, finding someone to accept her was nothing short of a miracle. A miracle I did not even dare to pray for.

You have no idea how much I had craved for you a long time before we even set eyes on each other. How many nights I have wished you would just break through my ceiling and fall into my life somehow. For me you always seemed like an impossible miracle that can only end up being a wishful feeling of a young naïve lonely girl.

But the miracle actually came true without me ever asking for it.

So thank you. Thank you for becoming my miracle."

Gautham stayed quiet and looked at Sindhu. Then he leaned down and gave her a lingering kiss on her forehead and said, "You are my miracle too baby. God's sent miracle. And one of these days I am going to make you believe that. Even if it's going to take a life time."

Right then Sindhu's eyes opened groggily. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands and let out a yawn. Her eyes landed on Gautham and said, "Morning".

"Why did you come last night?? I told I would pick you up this morning didn't I???" Gautham asked sitting on her side.

She shifted and circled her arms around his waists and rested her head against his chest and said making a pitiful face, "I missed you."

She knew her whole life will not be blissful. She couldn't even say for sure they will always be together or stay the same even if they were together. She can't even promise she will always stick to him. Because she knows too well that life had a sickening sense of humour. She knows it would take only one second for everything to fall apart. And she knows will have to deal with it when it comes. But that day was blissful. She was content at that moment. And he was beside her at that morning. And that was enough for her.