Chapter 44

Gautham had brought Sindhu back home from his office in a record time. He dragged her into their room and closed it shut. Then he trapped her between the shut door and his hard chests and gave her a long, deep desperate kiss one more time.

Once both of their breathing came back to normal, he took Sindhu's hands and guided her to sit on the bed while he sat down kneeling on the floor in front of her resting his hands over her laps. He looked up at her. He stretched his hands and softly ran his fingers under her eyes that were now puffy because of all her crying.

"I'm sorry." He said softly while regret ate him from inside to have made her plead so desperately.

Sindhu did not reply or say anything. But instead she pulled on Gautham and made him sit on the bed and then curled up and sat on his laps while leaning against his chest. Then she took his hand in hers and started playing with them. She kept curling and uncurling his fingers or she would just poke around on his palms. Gautham lifted his other hands and tucked her locks behind her ears and kept caressing her hairs.

After being quiet for a long time Sindhu finally asked just one question, "Why did you do it??"

"I wasn't being distant Sindhu at least not for the reasons you thought. I just... it's just after that day you did not ask or talk about your accident. You did not share anything. I knew you were dealing with it on your own. So I just wanted to give you some space and time to deal with it. I was just being careful to not to reel you up. I did not anticipate that you would see it as me getting tired of you." Gautham explained.

"My accident... it was not that I wasn't sharing anything with you Gautham. It's actually there is nothing to share. Maybe if I remember them fully then maybe I will be affected. But all I have now are bunch of images on my head and a story that doesn't really feel like mine. So I just decided to let it slide for now and deal with it when I do end up remembering fully." Sindhu replied.

"I'm so sorry baby..." Gautham once again apologized when he heard her explain. He realized it was him who had jumped to conclusion a little too quickly and let her suffer.

"It's okay." Sindhu said forgiving him immediately. She held grudges but seeing as he did it for her sake, she did not want to drag it further.

Gautham leaned down and kissed on her crown. They stayed like that for a while. But then Sindhu called out, "Gautham,"

"Yes baby..." Gautham asked.

"I think I love you too." Sindhu whispered.

Gautham's whole being froze for one whole minute before his brain started working again. He could not believe what he just heard. So he asked not believing his own ears, "What did you just say baby??" He keen eyes widened and trailed on her face. He wanted to see her every movement this time not wanting to miss even one ounce of her expression. He wanted to remember the way her face was to the way she breathed when she said it.

Sindhu did not reply but bit on her lower lips and looked down on Gautham's hands in hers.

"Baby... can you just say it one more time?? Just once..." Gautham asked pleading.

Today finally Sindhu understood the desperate need of a person to keep his loved ones right beside him... as close to him as he possibly could. She never thought that the little distance that Gautham put between them could reel her up so much. Just the thought of such a small emotional distance had agitated her so much so that she became a blabbering mess. And when Gautham finally confessed how much he needed her, she felt her own emotions mirroring him. It is not that she cannot live without him. She probably could and would, if and when life makes her to live without him. But at this moment, that particular thought was like a knife piercing through her heart. If this feeling was not love, she did not know what more could it possibly be.

Gautham hung his head defeated when Sindhu did not respond to his plea. But right then Sindhu moved closer to his ears and whispered, "I think I am in love with you too... the head over heels kind." Then she bit his ear pretty hard and giggled delighted.

Gautham felt as if he was flying among clouds when he heard her soft voice say the words he had craved to hear from her with everything in his being. And just the next second pain shot through him and he shouted, "Ouch!" in pain. But when he saw her happy little face and when he remembered what she just said to him, he did not even have the heart to give her empty glares. Instead he scooped her into his arms and got out of the bed. Then he lifted her high in air and circled around deliriously. And when he felt dizzy after a while, he fell behind on the bed while securely holding Sindhu against his chest. They both stayed cuddled up against each other.

While Gautham kept running his hands through her trusses Sindhu kept drawing circles on his chests.

"Gautham..." Sindhu called after a while.

"Yes baby..." Gautham replied as always.

"Are you free at the end of this month??" Sindhu asked.

"Why???" Gautham asked back confused.

"It's just we never went on a... a vacation after our marriage... so now that Arvind is back in office I can be free for a while and I saw that even you seemed to be less busy these days. So I thought we could go out." Sindhu said, but her slight stammering and the biting of her lips gave away her intentions.

"Oh... You want to go on our honeymoon??? Of course I am free. Where do you want to go??" Gautham asked excited.

"Bangalore." Sindhu replied meekly.

"Really?? Of all the places you could choose, you want to go to Bangalore?? Are you sure??" Gautham asked just to confirm. For him it did not really matter. He did not really care where he went as long as he could get some alone time with Sindhu.

When he was thinking like this a sudden thought came, "I am not sharing you with John and Steve on our honeymoon." Gautham sulked before Sindhu could reply.

"We will just go see them one day. After that it will be just us." Sindhu answered.

"But won't we be staying at John's place??" Gautham asked confused.

"No, I have a place there. We can stay there." Sindhu replied.

"Then it's okay. I think if I push it now, I can get at least two weeks leave." Gautham said excited. He was already ecstatic at the thought of having Sindhu all for himself for two whole weeks.