○ Make me remember ○

~ Fluff with feels. There is a part II. (:

" You don't understand. "

Flowey crosses his arms, leaning against the wall as he tries his best to keep his tears in.

He hates to argue with Sans like that, oh he hates to simply argue with anybody; even with his enemies. But what can he do to stop it ? They don't understand the concept of the resets, and don't even know what kind of effects it can have on the mind of a broken man.

Sans told him he had nightmares about his brother dying, along with Toriel and everyone else. But chill guy that he is, he never... really cared about it. He thought maybe he's just a bit crazy and joked about it; though he wakes up sweating in the morning, when these nightmares happen.

But Flowey ?

He remembers everything. Frisk and Chara do, too. They know what's going on, but they don't know how to stop it.

Frisk is just a child; nice, sweet, always ready to help. Everyone love him and he's never rejected. Chara- that's something difficult. A ghost, yet not quite, since she seems to have kept her appearance. Somehow she just doesn't care about the resets, and stays with Frisk all the time. She has gotten so attached with time, now they're like siblings.

But Flowey lost everything.

His own father tried to kill him, right after the young man woke up in the garden; simple misunderstanding, Asgore thought there was a stranger in his castle and got really upset. Toriel didn't know at the beginning; but then, she was the only one to see the light in her son's eyes. But this woman has business with protecting the little human and his friends, uh. As said before, Chara left him for Frisk. Kids stay with kids.

And how would it feel, to see your family and friends die a thousand time, to be ignored a thousand time, to get physically hurt a thousand time, over and over ? To wake up in the same garden, to see the anger in the king's eyes, to feel the cold blade against your leg, to run away, to hide in the ruins ?

Way too bad for someone who died at a young age and then reappeared, then grew up all alone.

" It's not that simple Sans, it's more than just a bad dream. "

Sans simply raises an eyebrow, not quite convinced by the blonde man.

Flowey grits his teeth as he squeezes the cup of hot chocolate in his freezing hands; so cold, that his body is trembling despite the creaking sound of the wood burning in the fireplace. He sniffles, and it's not just because of the cold he caught a few days ago.

" Then explain, dude. " Sans leans back in the couch. He doesn't have a smirk on his lips, like he usually does when talking to someone. " I'm worried, and so is Toriel. You need to talk to us. "

" I know, I'm trying! I just don't know what's going on myself! " Flowey snaps at him. He covers his mouth right after, realizing he screamed. " I'm sorry. "

He sits next to the older man, placing the hot chocolate on his left thigh. Fortunately it's not warm enough to burn his leg.

" Resets are like... Going back in the past. It's as if there's a limit to this world. Every time we get a good ending with us being free, something always happens and we're back here, trapped underground. "

" Maybe it's a spell from the humans, y'know ? Years ago... " Sans mutters, not articulating at all, and not even looking at the man. He's too busy focusing on the dog snoring on his lap, afraid it might drool on his shorts.

Flowey doesn't answer, he simply looks at the fire burning in front of him.

" So there's like, no way for us to stop this bullshit ? " Sans casually asks, petting the dog's head. " How nice, to think that- " He stops, hearing the man quietly sobbing next to him. He turns his head and ruffles Flowey's hair. " Uh, are you okay ? I mean... "

Between two sobs, Flowey manages to giggle a little. " You're terrible at comforting people. But no, I'm not okay. " He wraps his arms around Sans's neck, pulling him closer for a hug. " I don't want to be a fucking psychopath anymore. I'm tired of killing, tired of recovering and then falling back in this crap. "

Sans nods, understanding what Flowey's talking about; that's the reason why they were enemies after all, the young prince became a murderer, sadistic monster that needs destruction in order to feel alright. He remembers dreaming about Snowdin in flames once. Vines and flowers out of the ground, stabbing and strangling people.

Perhaps that was real- he doesn't want to know!

Slowly, he caresses the man's back and presses his lips against his forehead. " Hey, you're alright. Can't you see ? You're in Toriel's home, I'm your friend, and you're like a cuddly teddy bear. You're not a psychopath. "

" Mmh, not for now. " Flowey manages to choke out, taking deep breaths to get rid of the lump in his throat.

" If this reset-thing happens again... " Sans glances at the cup of hot chocolate, sighing as he notices that it fell off Flowey's leg, spilling on the couch. He'll have to clean that up later. " You can come to me, before your father stabs your leg. I'll make sure you keep being yourself. "

 " But how ? I'll be a stranger to you. " Flowey looks up at him, and Sans swears his heart is physically breaking into a million of pieces by just looking at his friend's hazel, watery eyes. The skin around his eyes is red, and he has a frown on his face that probably can't disappear so easily.

He smiles and cups his cheeks.

" Then make me remember. "