○ 𝓐 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓯𝓾𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓼 ○

~Friendship. Fluff with feels. The song mentioned in the chapter is called La Valse D'Amélie, it's the video above - you can play it while reading, if you want. (:

He wasn't dreaming, was he ?

Maybe his exhaustion was playing dirty tricks on his mind. After all, moving away from one world and suddenly seeing the sun and life in the streets wasn't something that brought the guy energy. In fact, he was supposed to be sleeping with the others, in the big house that the mayor gave them. He heard footsteps in the corridor. Followed them, ended up outside, a cold, yet gentle wind brushing against his skin.

Somehow, he was now walking on a hill, unsure of how he got there. Perhaps the fairies caught him in their deadly trap, forcing him to feel dreamy forever. Maybe the fairies would dance with him until dawn, and then leave when the sunshine will come. Or maybe these fairies could have blond hair.

It wasn't very visible with the darkness of the night, but he recognized him right away. He couldn't count on his eyes, but he heard the small melody the fairy was humming, laying in the grass. It was one that Toriel taught them as soon as they came to the Surface. He wasn't sure what the title was, but he knew it had the name Amélie in it. But that was all.

Silently he sat next to the boy - who only noticed his presence when a knee touched his ribs. He stopped humming, opened his hazel eyes.

" Sans ? " He whispered, sounding like a frightened child.

" Yeah, it's just me. " Sans answered right away, wanting to reassure his friend. " What are you doing out there ? "

There was a silence.

Flowey was trying to figure out what to answer, how to make a proper sentence, because all he did for ten minutes was humming the same melody over and over again. Finally he found a few words in the back of his mind. " It has been... Years, since I've seen the stars. " He sighed and touched Sans' hand with his own. The man took the hint and held Flowey's hand. " I remember. I was in the dirt, and they didn't stop beating me up. I really thought I was going to die. I saw the stars for like, one second. Now I wonder... " He smiled and closed his eyes. " If I died here, on the Surface, would I become one of them ? Do you think there would be a chance for me to shine in the sky ? "

Sans sighed and held Flowey's hand tighter in his own. He was proud because the boy did get over it, stopped being so worried about humans wanting his death. He had improved so much. Learned to love and express himself. His heart broke when he heard him speaking about death and torture. It was like the old times, when the young man woke up in the middle of the night, convinced he was being burned alive. Sometimes they found him in the shower, sometimes laying in the snow to feel better.

" I don't know, man. " He finally answered. " I'm sure you shine brighter than them already. "

Flowey chuckled and whispered, " Oh my God. " He sat up, gazed at the man for a bit. " Ah, but your eye looks like the moon. "

Sans glanced at the moon, then bit his lip. The boy did have a point there. His one, glowing eye did look like the moon, almost the same color. Then a thought crossed his mind. He had learned that the moon shone because of the sun, how the light reflected on it. He wasn't certain of it, but if that was the case, then Flowey must've been the sun instead of just a star - considering that the last time his eye turned blue was when they fought in the castle.

He opened his mouth to say it loud, but no words came out. Surely his brain understood that Flowey would politely ask him to shut up. And maybe he could keep some thoughts for himself. He just moved closer to Flowey.

Together they kept on stargazing.

Their hands only separated at dawn, when the sunlight hid the stars.