𝓴𝓸𝓶𝓶 𝓳𝓮𝓽𝔃𝓽 𝓷𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓗𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮

Quick A/N. I apologize for the small hiatus. I'm feeling a little better, enough to make my brain and hands work. I'm glad I could sort most of my shit out so quickly, the only real problem now is that I feel sick 80% of the time lol. Updates might/will be slow.

Take care of yourself y'all, I love you. Here, have a hug : 🤗💗💗💗

-xo

🌹🌲🌹🌲🌹🌲🌹🌲🌹🌲🌹🌲🌹🌲🌹🌲🌹🌲

This chapter might not make sense - I was just in the mood to write about moss and friendship, kind of. I started this last night and tried to fix it this morning, but I'm honestly sorry if it's complete trash. Ooh and the title is in German, it just means " come back home now ", don't mind me it's just because German reminds me of dark forests and I love it.🌲

The wind gently brushed against the golden flowers, taking a few petals with it as it went. The small, honey-like beings trembled under the cold touch, seemed to bent down to avoid the shivers. The butterflies fought hard to stay on the flowers, and the worms hid under the ground, hating the weather. The field was covered by a white fog. It had been there for days and nights, scaring the ones who wandered near the flowers.

❝ Sometimes, between the whistles of the wind in the trees, and the songs of the crows, a hiss came from the fog. It lasted a few seconds, perhaps even minutes, and then the fields became silent again. It was faint, and some believed it sounded more like a moan, the cry of someone needing help.

But no one ever dared to check.

After a few weeks, rumors and legends grew, heavy on the locals' and the mayor's shoulders. It was said that a monster lived in the fields, and it would catch whoever was bold enough to step in the golden flowers. The ones who encountered the creature wouldn't come back. Some speculated it was a banshee, but that theory drowned deep soon after it was suggested. ❞

The legend was very popular in town, and was even known to the cities around.

And whilst the worms hid from the wind, the scream echoed again. A few men, who were listening from far away, agreed on the fact that whatever was yelling, was in fact crying out words. They recorded the whole thing and played it over and over, the audio sent them shiver. One of them, a middle-aged man, was intrigued. The creature did not scare him. He felt bad for it, he wanted to help, but his friends stopped him and shouted at him many times because of this stupid idea.

But the voice seemed... familiar.

As tortured and horrifying as it sounded, he knew he had already heard it. Every time he listened to the audio, he couldn't help but feel his eyes getting wet. He could still hear his old friend begging him to use some mercy, and as much as he wanted to tear the memories out of his mind, they still remained, and he suffered.

He was so focused, that he did not hear his friends scream. He only snapped out of his thoughts when a head hit his chair, almost causing him to fall.

" What's happening. " He stayed calm and composed, despite the sight of one of his friends unconscious on the ground. " Hey--- "

He got up from his chair and squinted his blue eyes. The golden flowers had moved, but it was not the wind. The movements seemed different and formed a line. The man ignored his friend's complaints and ran after the creature. He finally had a reason to follow the thing, he couldn't waste it for an injury that surely wasn't serious.

The golden beauties seemed to hug his ankles as he ran through the fields. The butterflies, tired of fighting, finally flew, hitting his face as they did so, and the worms hurried to hide in the mud, escaping the brown boots. The creature was fleeing faster and faster, and the man sweated and panted like a dog. His legs were reaching their limits, he felt like he been running for an eternity.