○ 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓷 ○

~ Can be seen as the part II of " the Surface ". Friendship, fluff. (:

The first thing he noticed was the strong scent of flowers filling the shop. He could almost determine which flowers were there just by the smell. Even when walking in a garden, it never hit him so hard. Second thing was the rainbow that was all around him. Pink roses, white Daisies, yellow and red Lilies, purple Orchids, and so many other plants sitting on the floor and the shelves. The third and last thing was the melody he heard. It was sung by two voices; one feminine one, and the other so familiar to him.

He took a few steps in the shop, whimpered as he heard a bell ringing. It was a soft sound, but startled him.

Immediately, the song stopped, and a black-haired woman rushed to him. " Good morning, sir! " She greeted, a wide smile on her pink lips. Her eyes were filled with stars, showing all the love and happiness she had to give to random customers.

" Uh... Hi. " Sans answered, embarrassed that he couldn't return so much joy and energy to the woman. The said girl was looking at him, waiting for him to explain why he was here, if he had a question. " I think my friend works here... ? " He questioned.

" Oh, Flo. " The woman nodded. " Wait here for a second, please. "

She bowed and ran to another part of the room. A few lines were exchanged between the two people at the back, and then she came back with Asriel. His hair had completely gone back to a bright blond color, but his eyes were different. He looked alive. He had emotions. His pale cheeks were blushing, probably from embarrassment but surely from the sight in front of him.

" Oh, hey... It's been a while. " He said, rubbing the back of his neck. He turned to his coworker. " Katie, this is Sans. An old friend of mine. Sans -- This is Katie. We've been working together for a few months already. "

" Nice to meet you. " Both Katie and Sans said while shaking hands.

The fact that Flowey and Katie were going along made him happy. He had no idea how the boy managed to turn the most negative emotions into the greatest ones, how he could stay close to a human without hurting them, how he could behave like nothing bad ever happened, but he did, and that was like a dream becoming reality.

Katie coughed to grab the boys' attention. " I'll go back to what we were doing. Flo, if you need help, call me. Si- Sans ? " She winked. " I hope we'll become friends. "

" I'd love to. " Sans replied politely, smiling back at her.

Flowey rubbed his hands together, the left side of his lips curling into a little smile. He watched as his friend went to the back of the shop - and wished he could go and help her soon. Treating plants against aphids sure wasn't fun. He was lucky to find someone who loved nature just as much as him.

Then he turned back to Sans.

The man looked proud, yet at the verge of crying. Flowey pulled a tissue out of his pocket and wiped the tears off his friend's face. He opened his mouth to ask him if he wanted some coffee, but Sans cut him off.

" So how do you feel ? " Sans asked, tilting his head to the side.

Flowey glanced around him, watching one more time the hundreds of colorful petals and leaves around him. " I feel great. It really feels like I'm high all the time. " Sans couldn't help but chuckle. Out of all the comparisons, this was the one Flowey choose. " How about you ? "

" Got fired from the bar. " He ignored the boy's glare. " Now I work in a restaurant with my brother. Things are going well. "

Sans took some time to look at Flowey. He hadn't seen him for five months - since they spoke on the mountain, in fact. The blond guy had gained some weight, which was especially visible on his thighs. His skin was tanner than before. Not a lot, but the veins weren't visible under his eyes anymore, he didn't look sick. And - it might have been his imagination, but the boy looked like he grew up. Took a few centimeters at least. Sand didn't have this chance. He didn't change a lot; just dressed with a shirt instead of the same white T-shirt all the time. He did not even change his habits, which were smoking and making bad puns when he was with his brother or the customers. Flowey however, obviously stopped trying to manipulate and hurt everybody.

The words easily slid out of his mouth. " You're fucking amazing. "

Flowey smiled shyly, nodding. " Thanks. "

" No, really. You've come so far kiddo. " Sans continued. " You started in the cold ruins and now you're... "

" ...In Heaven. " Flowey finished the sentence. He crossed his arms. " All these flowers are my friends, sans. Katie and I love them, and they love us. "

Sans couldn't take it anymore.

He took a step forward and grabbed Flowey's shoulders, pulling him into a hug. The blond boy giggled and wrapped his arms around his friend's waist, keeping him close as he rested his head on his shoulder. The bell of the shop rang once again, but no one dared to say anything. The new customers stayed still, waiting for the boys to finish.