○ pe͈͚ṟ͉fect ̳̯e͎̜̰nd͙̖ing͉̱̭.̲̭exe̹ ○

The Underground was silent.

The moon was shining the dark imitation of the sky, reminding the lonely souls that they were trapped under the Earth, behind invisible bars. Most of the residents were hidden in their homes, dining quietly or sleeping already. Sans had his head pressed against the cold window, his eyes focused on the leaves flying with the wind. That was the only glimpse of life he was allowed to watch. Papyrus was in the kitchen, washing the plates slowly and burning his hands with the hot water. Surely his head was full of colorful dreams and thoughts of freedom and happiness, but his face showed no emotion, he kept on working with a morose expression.

Sans saw a few lights illuminating the snowy streets.

A figure ran outside, one hand holding her dress so she wouldn't trip, the other rubbing the woman's eyes, wiping off her own tears. The queen was running off again, hiding in the ruins with her pain. Her purple dress was stained with a much darker substance, and there was no need for Sans to be a scientist to understand it was blood. The queen's cries filled the Underground for a few minutes, until the ruins' door slammed and shut her up.

The sight of the crying woman made him question everything about the world. He, just like everyone else, was used to see the queen weeping outside. It was the first time she showed blood, yet no one seemed to have reacted - he knew they saw her, though, she was a moving doll in a circus for everyone to see. It was a thing, to stay near the window and see this poor woman running away from the castle, chased off by the evil spirits. The ruins were her home, she could not stand the torture her deceased children and the King gave her.

Sans sighed and got up. No, he could not let this last. He covered his body with his favourite blue jacket and put on boots to protect himself from the now. The Underground was twisted since the human decided to come and mess it up. Eventually someone had to fix this, and since the King didn't want to, well it became Sans' duty.

He made his way to the ruins and knocked three times before the big doors opened.

The weeping woman stood in front of him, her mascara rolling down her cheeks along with her tears. It was the first time he had ever seen her face, and felt something in his chest, as young as a flower and as warm as the sun.

Sans knelt and closed his eyes. " Good evening. "

" You... " The queen sniffled and touched the man's shoulder, telling him to stand up. " Why are you here ? "

" I believe you do know what situation the Underground is in. We can't let this continue. "

" I know, but... There is nothing I can do. I'm sorry. "

" Don't apologize, you obviously can't make everything better on your own. " Sans closed the doors and leaned against them. He watched the queen as she went to pick a flower. " I want to help. But I won't be able to unless I know what's truly going on. "

There had been lots of rumors about possessions and threats in the royal family, but somehow, the said family always had it covered up and managed to make it seem like they were okay - as fine as they would be. It was obvious, though. Whenever they went in public, the queen had her face hidden by a mask, and her son was held by the arm by the King. The father was the only one who seemed happy. Sans was afraid something darker might be hidden behind his smiles.

The queen pressed her back against the door, next to Sans. " My husband... " She started, her eyes watering once again. " He's been dedicating his life to our daughter. He... Let her control him and fulfilled her desires of revenge. I wish she could disappear. "

The ruins were cold, and Sans gave the queen his jacket to protect her from the low temperature. " We're invisible. He only cares about our daughter, and she seems to have fun giving him order. I prefer to flee every night, but my son wants to stay in the castle. I think he's planning to do something, but he doesn't want to tell me what. "

Sans nodded slowly. There were so many ways to make life better, yet no one wanted to really do their part, because they were scared they would be alone. There was some hope after all. He opened the door, shivering as the wind hit his skin.

" Can we go and see your son ? "

The queen seemed to hesitate for a few seconds. But, she nodded slowly.

They slowly made their way to the castle, holding hands as they avoided the gaze of curious souls through the windows. It was cold and dark, and although the castle was known to be warm and golden, it looked nothing like it in the middle of the night. The only sources of light were the golden flowers and the light behind two windows.

" My lady. " Sans smiled as he used his magick.

The queen grinned back, a pinkish blush covering her cheeks. The two floated to a balcony, the woman holding onto Sans like her life depended on him.

There, she knocked on the closed window.

Not long after, it opened, revealing a face distorded by hatred and digust. It glared at her for a second, then at Sans.

"... Asriel. " The queen spoke, her voice grew softer. " This man there is a friend. " She pulled him closer, forcing him to hug her. The prince closed his eyes, and although he didn't return the embrace, his lips curled into a smile. " We need to do something. "

" Something ? " The prince's voice was hoarse and broken.

Sans sighed. " Asgore. " He smirked as fire lit up the young man's eyes. " He's destroying everything. I think we all know what we have to do to make him stop. Especially you. " He added, staring at the prince.

The said man grinned back and nodded. " The idea of us getting rid of him wouldn't even cross his mind. " He pressed his lips against his mother's forehead. " I guess you don't want to do it, am I right ? "

The queen looked down at the ground. She did want to get rid of her husband for a long time - but her love for him was something she couldn't fight, and as distant and horrible as he was, she couldn't get herself to tell him about it. She also knew she would never forgive herself with such a sin.

Sans tapped the prince's shoulder. He leaned closer and whispered, " Go on. We'll be waiting for you in the ruins. "

The prince nodded and closed̫̮́ͫ̊ͅ the windows, letting the two flee away from the castle. He grabbed the most beautiful dagger from under his pillow, one with roses carved on the blade. He always wished to use it, and tonight, he could finally know what it felt like to watch someone die.

He gla͇͆nced one last time outside to see his mother running in the snow with Sans. The guy was smart enough to erase every footprint in the snow, with some magick the prince couldn't quite understand. He shook his head and quietly made his way to his father's bedroom.

The old man was slee͔̩̰ping, a smile on his lips, as always, and the sight brought the prince shudders. Using all the hate he had in his soul, he held the dagger with both hand and took a deep breath before stabbing the man's chest. He quickly covered his father's m̫̟͇̎͗̅outh as he repeatedly injured him, his arm moving on its own.

Soon enough, the fallen king stopped moving - and a few minutes later, his heartbeats were nothing but a memory.

The prince giggled and sat on the bed, wanting to admire his work for a little bit - only then, he would join his mother and her friend, and see w̘̟͉͆̇ͮha͇͆t̠͍ ̙͙̍ͭheͥ'll ͯd̫̮́ͫ̊ͅò̅̔ ͔̝̆̈́wi̾ͬ̌th̟̼̰ͣ̏ͫ t̞̞̗he͔̩̰m̫̟͇̎͗̅.̝͓̐̈́