chapter two

Richie POV

Just as we run out of the house, the entire building collapses into the deep, deep hole it was standing on. We all stare at it in shock, but then we can't contain out happiness.

„WE FINALLY KILLED THAT MOTHERFUCKER"

Everybody is hugging and crying and laughing at the same time because this nightmare is finally over.
So much could have gone wrong. We could have died down there. I don't even want to think about how I...how we almost lost Eddie. This feels so surreal, since we've been living in a haze for over 27 years. Everything was a blurr, but now I can see clearer. I finally know what I really want.

„Hey let's take a short trip to the quarry. You know, to get the sewer water off and, well, anything else that was down there"

This suggestion comes from Beverly. We all agree and start walking over to the cliffs. We don't even bother taking off our clothes because honestly, who the fuck cares? At least they won't smell like shit anymore.

Just like back then, Beverly is the first one to jump in, afterwards all of us follow. Even Eddie jumps, though normally he'd start counting all the dangers jumping off the cliff would bring.
For the first time in forever, I feel truly happy. Being together as a group again, with no worries in the world is an amazing feeling

Eddie POV

Normally I would absolutely despise the idea of swimming in water with loads of bacteria, but right now? I honestly don't give a fuck. In comparison to what has been on my body in the past days, this water is like soap.

I can see Ben and Beverly basically flirting to the moon, they truly are adorable.
Seeing them together makes me wonder about my love life. I mean, I am married to Myra, but why? Why am I married to her? Probably because she looks an awful lot like my mother, and kind of acts that way too. I probably just can't let go of old patterns. Now that I think about it my love life has never really gone...too well.
I really wish I'd have somebody whom I feel truly happy with.

„HEADS UP!"

I turn around.
„What the-"

Before I can finish my sentence, I see Richie charging at me with full speed. Before I can even react, he throws himself on top of of me and basically dunks me under water.

„Hey what the fuck man, that really hurt."

He just smiles at me with this big grin on his face, just like when he always pulled those unbelievably dull jokes. I gotta say, I really like seeing him that happy.

„Probably hurts more to see yourself in the mirror every day."

„Shut up Richie!"

Come to think of it, I've really missed this. I forgot how much fun it was to joke around with him.