6

Today is the day. It was Monica's birthday and her party. Her party was to be held in the ballroom of one the nicest hotels in the city. After her party her parents reserved the penthouse for her. It was expensive but they had been saving for months so their little girl could have the night of her dreams. She was nothing less than ecstatic. Monica spent the day with Tiffany getting their nails, feet, and hair done. They had appointments to get their make up done professionally. The entire day was spent being pampered and priming for the nights event.
With all the excitement in the air Monica still couldn't help but feel the tiniest bit of nervousness. She already devised a plan to get away from her own party. She was going to lie and say she needed to lie down. Tiffany would want to come but Monica would insist on going alone. After that Gloria would follow her. However, what was to happen afterwards Monica hadn't an inkling of what to do. Sure she knew the general idea of what went where but she had never done it. She never got that far with anyone. Boy or girl.
"Tiff." Monica said turning the blaring music down to a reasonable level.
"Bitch, I love that song!" Tiffany protested keeping her eyes on the road.
"Is having sex easy?" She asked. It was odd to be asking Tiffany considering the circumstances but she didn't have anyone else to talk to about this sort of thing. She was the only child and Monica's mother would die if she even thought her daughter was considering sex before marriage.
"Holy shit. Don't tell me you're thinking about fucking Brooke tonight." Tiffany turned the volume down even more. This she had to hear. "Actually, please tell me that's exactly what you're thinking."
"I'm just asking." Monica said feeling shy now. That never happened. This was Tiffany, she knew everything about Monica. They told each other everything. Almost.
"You never just ask anything, Mo. Come on!" Tiffany urged her best friend to divulge.
"I've been thinking about it." Monica said. It wasn't fun lying to Tiffany. She hated it, actually.
"Not only is having sex easy, it's fun as hell. Probably more so with two chicks. You know, no pregnancy scares or hoping he doesn't nut too quick. I mean I've never had that problem with Lance but some guys?" Tiffany did a thumbs down.
Monica frowned. The last thing she wanted to think about was Lance having an orgasm.
"Oh!" Tiffany exclaimed. "Let's go back to my house and watch some lesbian porn!"
"No!" Monica shouted.
Both of the girls started laughing. Besides, all the videos Monica already tried to force herself to watch were so cringeworthy. That couldn't possibly be a realistic portrayal.
"So wait. I'm guessing Brooke would be the boy in this situation but what if you were with another girly girl??" Tiffany asks intrigued with her own thoughts.
Monica stared at her. "You can't be serious. The whole point is there is no boy."
"Yeah but someone has to take the lead." Tiffany said. "Like who is going to initiate?"
"You're thinking way too much into this." Monica said but truth was she wasn't sure. She didn't know how to start. "It might not even happen."
Tiffany scoffed. "Yeah. Okay. I see that determined look in your eye. It's happening. It's the same look you get when you're taking a test or solving math problems. All focused and shit."
Monica laughed. Tiffany knew her too well.

____________________________________

Gloria checked her gown and hair in the mirror for the hundredth time. She wanted to look perfect. It was silly that she felt as nervous as she did. It was like her high school prom all over again. Gloria wasn't sure if she felt this anxious on her actual wedding night. Allen sat on the bed and put on his shoes. He usually detested going to events like this. The women only wanted to talk about the kids and the men only wanted to talk shop. It was boring. He would much rather stay home and read the paper or watch the latest sports game. Plus, he wasn't exactly over joyed that he had to spend the evening as Gloria's date. He really didn't remember the last time they had gone on an actual date. However, he was going because it was Mo.
"I think you look fine." Allen said growing frustrated with how often Gloria checked her reflection. She was pacing the room and switching shoes so frequently it was making him dizzy.
Gloria stared at his image in the mirror. Was that a compliment? "Excuse me?" She asked just to be certain.
"You look fine. You keep checking yourself in the mirror. What are you so worried about?" He questioned. Gloria was not an ugly woman by any stretch of the imagination. Even Allen couldn't deny her beauty.
"Thank you?" Gloria said fixing her hair. That was weird.
There was a knock on the door before it opened. Tiffany knew her parents weren't on the best terms. It might not be obvious to someone as young as Jackson but Tiffany knew better.
"You guys are going to be late if you don't leave soon. I'm going over to Mo's. Her parents got her a chauffeur and I'm riding with her." Tiffany said.
"We're right behind you dear." Allen replied.
Tiffany nodded and left them alone. She made her way to Monica's and let herself in. She found Monica in her room where she was, for lack of better words, freaking the fuck out.
"What is wrong with you?" Tiffany asked looking at her best friend. She wasn't even dressed yet.
"I'm just nervous that's all. Have you ever been so sure you wanted something but then when it was right there in your lap you weren't sure if you could handle it or not?" Monica rambled. She paced back and forth in her underwear. Her excitement of the night was now completely overshadowed with fear. What if she was bad at sex? What if Gloria changed her mind? They had not spoken to each other the entire day save the "Happy Birthday" text she received that morning.
Tiffany was not used to seeing her friend so unraveled. "Is this about Brooke?" She asked.
"What??" Monica asked confused before remembering their conversation from earlier. "Yeah.."
"Mo I know I tease you all the time about the virgin thing but I swear to God it's not a big deal. You don't have to do anything you're not ready for." The last thing Tiffany wanted was for Monica to feel pressure into fucking someone just to save face.
Monica stared at her. She thought about what it would mean if somehow her little secret got out. The friend she would lose. The bond that would be broken. "Tiffany?"
"Monica."
"You're a good friend." Monica said.
Tiffany frowned. She was was so confused. "So are you, Mo."
Monica sighed. She was not.
"Can you get fucking dressed?" Tiffany asked.
Monica laughed. She looked at the time on her phone. "Shit. Okay."
Tiffany helped Monica into her dress and they rushed out of the house. The driver stood outside of the car, patiently waiting.
"I'm sorry." Monica apologized to the driver for the wait.
"No problem, ma'am." He answered.
Tiffany and Monica settled themselves into the backseat of the luxury car. They sang too loudly to the radio and laughed the entire way to the hotel. Monica felt much more relaxed by the time they arrived. Her parents greeted her at the door with smiles and hugs. They were so proud of their daughter. She was perfect in their eyes. They were sure they raised her right and they had. They believed she shared their beliefs and values. They never had any problems out of her. They couldn't have prayed for a better child.
"Mr and Mrs Jones." Tiffany said hugging both of them.
"Tiffany you're as beautiful as ever." Mrs Jones said.
"Thank you." Tiffany said.
Mr Jones smiled at Tiffany. He wasn't a man of many words but he loved Tiffany like one of his own. He watched her grow up with Monica. It was hard not to think of her as family.
They entered the party. There were so many people there. Monica was taken aback by the turnout. The music was already playing but it lowered as she walked through the door. Everyone stopped what they were doing to turn and see the birthday girl. Applause and cheers filled the air as Monica strolled in with Tiffany at her side. All of her friends and admirers from school were present , family that she had not seen in so long and even a few church members were in the sea of people. It was a bit overwhelming but then she saw her. Gloria. Their eyes locked and Monica nearly tripped over her own feet.
Tiffany laughed. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah." Monica said quickly.
"Come on. Let's go look at your gifts." Tiffany said excitedly as though it was her birthday.
Monica chuckled. "Not yet Tiff." Speaking of gifts, Gloria was walking towards her.
"Oh god. Here come my parents." Tiffany whispered as Mr. and Mrs. Cole approached the pair. She hated how they pretended to be happy in public. She loved both of her parents but she wanted them to fix whatever was broken between them.
Monica could not steady her heartbeat. Why did Gloria look so good? She needed to relax. It was just Mr and Mrs Cole. The same two people she had known her entire life. It was fine. Gloria hugged Monica. It was not fine. Monica was sure she would melt into a puddle right there. She smelled so good.
"Happy Birthday, Mo. You're stunning." Mr Cole said.
"She is." Gloria agreed. She couldn't take her eyes off of Monica.
Monica bit her lip and looked at the ground to avoid smiling as widely as she wanted to. She couldn't take the way Gloria was looking at her.
"Oh before I forget." Mr Cole said as he reached into his suit jacket. He pulled out a card he had graciously stuffed with money.
"Oh. No. You guys didn't have to get me anything." Monica said. "Really."
Tiffany scoffed and took the envelope from her dad. "I'll take it."
Mr Cole snatched it back from his daughter. "I give you enough money." He extended the card to Monica. "It's your birthday, Mo. Take it. Please."
Monica grudgingly took it from Mr. Coles hand. "Thank you."
The entire encounter was sufficiently awkward.
"Excuse me, Mo. I'm going to catch up with your dad." Mr. Cole said before walking away leaving Gloria behind. Lance popped up behind Monica and Tiffany, pulling them both in for a bear hug. He laughed.
"Birthday girl and my favorite girl." He said. "Looking good Mo."
Monica rolled her eyes and wiggled from his hold. "Thanks Lance."
"Come on babe. Let's go dance." Lance said.
Tiffany looked at Monica to make sure she was okay. She didn't want her to have another meltdown.
"I'm fine." Monica said shooing her away.
Tiffany smiled and hit the dance floor with Lance.
Monica was left standing there with Gloria. They stood there silently before trying to speak at the exact same time.
"You go." Monica said. She wanted to know if Gloria changed her mind before Monica made a fool of herself.
Gloria fiddled with her watch. "Happy Birthday."
Monica giggled. "You already told me that."
It was hard to keep an appropriate distance between them. Gloria wanted to kiss her so bad. "But not in person."
"Well thank you." Monica said.
A waitress carrying a tray of champagne flutes offered one to Gloria. She took it.
"Don't drink that." Monica said.
Gloria raised an eyebrow curiously. "Is it poisoned?"
Monica chuckled and stepped closer to her. "No. I just need you to be focused later."
Gloria cleared her throat and subtly stepped back from Monica. "Okay." When was later? She needed to get her hands on her.
Brooke sauntered over and smiled widely at Monica. A spike of jealousy tingled it's way through Gloria's body. Brooke was sweet but at that moment Monica wished she would go away.
"I'll see you later, Monica."  Gloria said. She wasn't in the mood to stand around while Brooke made googly eyes at Monica.
She didn't want Gloria to leave but she understood. Brooke was dressed as she always was, like a tomboy. Monica was throughly surprised her parents hadn't mentioned there was lesbian in attendance. Her mother would have whispered the word harshly as if the it left a terrible taste in her mouth. Her father, quiet and stern, would have shaken his head in disapproval.
"Happy Birthday gorgeous." Brooke said flashing that wicked, albeit charming, grin.
"Thank you, Brooke." Monica flipped her hair. "Did you bring a date?" Monica had no idea why she asked her that. It just kind of came out.
Brooke chuckled uncomfortably. "Uh nope. Just me."
"Cool. I'm glad you're here." That was true. She was happy Brooke came, just thrown off by her timing.
"I wouldn't have missed it. Especially since Tiffany threatened to kill me if I didn't show. I think she meant it." Brooke whispered jokingly.
Monica laughed. "Trust me, she did."
The party continued and everything went well. There were speeches and special dances. It was time to eat but all the butterflies in Monica's belly left little to no room for food. It was time. Monica had to put the plan into motion now or never. However, now her performance should be a lot more believable seeing as how she couldn't couldn't control the profuse amounts of sweat pouring from her palms or the nauseating spinning feeling she had.
"Tiff do you have the room key?" Monica asked.
"Yeah it's right here. Why?"
"I just want to go lie down for a while."
Tiffany nodded. "Yeah. Come on. I'll go with you. Are you feeling sick?"
"I think I just need some quiet. I've spoken to a thousand people tonight. I'll be okay by myself."
"Are you sure Mo? I really don't mind going with you."
"Yeah. Stay here and distract everyone. Tell them I'm okay. I don't want my parents to worry and bother me." Monica joked.
"Okay." Tiffany handed over the key card.
Monica left the party and took the elevator to the top floor. This was actually the first time she had seen the suite. It was gorgeous and the view from the bedroom was spectacular. She took off her shoes and sat on the bed. She took a deep breath and waited for what felt like forever though it was only a few minutes before there were knocks on the door. Monica let Gloria in and no sooner than she stepped across the threshold Gloria pulled Monica in for a kiss. The kiss was oozing with craving and pure untapped lust. Gloria backed her against the wall and pinned Monica's hands above her head. She didn't have time to catch her breath. Gloria finally let her up for air after tasting the inside of her mouth.
"I'm sorry. I've been thinking about doing that since you stepped into the party." Gloria gently stroked Monica's cheek.
"You don't need to apologize. I've been waiting all day for that." Monica kissed the palm of Gloria's soft hand. She laced her fingers with Gloria's and lead her to the bedroom. Gloria was impressed by the room. It was large and beautifully decorated with expensive fixtures. No wonder Tiffany was so excited to stay here. Gloria shook the thoughts of her daughter from her mind. That's the last person she needed to be thinking of.
"Are you okay?" Gloria asked. Monica seemed unsure of herself which was very unusual.
"Yes. I'm just nervous. I..." Monica went over a few different ways to tell Gloria she was a virgin without sounding so childish. "This would just be my first time doing something like this."
Gloria sighed. "I'm no expert either. Though, there was one time with my college roommate. We were just curious. One thing lead to another and well you know. That was my only time with another woman though."
Monica chuckled. She was not expecting that story from her.
"I never told anyone that." Gloria says laughing at herself.
Monica zipped her lips. "I won't tell a soul."
"Thanks."
"But I meant with anyone." Monica confessed.
Now it was Gloria's turn to be surprised. She knew Tiffany was sexually active and so she (foolishly) assumed that Monica was as well. Birds of a feather and all that.
"Oh. Are you sure you want to do this...with me?" Gloria asked. The first time was a big deal, at least to her.
Monica nodded. "Yes." She was still nervous but she didn't care. She wanted this. She stood up and began taking her dress off. Gloria helped her. Then Monica reciprocated the favor. Monica bit her lip. Gloria was even more beautiful without her clothes.
She wanted Monica so bad but she was being patient. She crawled on the bed and motioned for Monica to come to here. Monica swallowed before joining her.
"Just relax." Gloria said.
Monica nodded. It was easier said than done though. Gloria leaned in and kissed her gently. This was easy. Monica could do this. She liked kissing. Gloria put her hand on Monica's hip and it sent an electrical shock through her body.
She moved lower and kissed Monica's neck.
This felt fantastic to Monica. She had never felt anything like it. Her heart was in overdrive and she could feel its pulse all over her body, especially between her legs. She couldn't stop herself from grinding against Gloria. Monica wanted her to touch her so bad to relieve all the pressure building inside. Gloria was having the time her life kissing and touching Monica. The little moans and gasps were driving Gloria wild. Monica wasn't wearing a bra which was fortunate for Gloria. Easier access. She took Monica's breasts into her mouth to Monica's very audible delight.
This is why people like sex, Monica thought. It was already amazing and they had not even got to the good part yet. This was just as fun as Tiffany said it would be. Fuck. No. Don't think about her. Back to Gloria and that oh so gifted mouth of hers. Monica's eyes rolled back as Gloria slid a hand into her panties. She touched her delicately. It was soft and careful. She caressed Monica's core slowly. She felt the puddle between Monica's legs and exhaled a ragged breath.
Monica senses felt heightened. She could feel every hair on her body. She became a constant throbbing. An ache. She began longing after something only Gloria could give her. Release.
Gloria took her time pleasing her. She didn't want the moment to end. Monica was so wet and tight. The thought of being her first was frightening at first but now it was thrilling. It was a turn on for Gloria.
Monica winced at the initial penetration but she very quickly adjusted. Gloria's fingers sliding in and out of her were like consistent sweet little deaths. Repeatedly. A fire kindled in Monica's belly. She gripped the sheets and dug her nails into Gloria's back. Her toes curled. Back arched in pure ecstasy. Her ears began to ring and it happened. With a roar of a moan, Monica came at the hands of someone else for the first time and it was amazing. She laid flat on her back breathless and befuddled. She searched for the words but could not find them.
Gloria gently planted kisses up and down Monica's body before lying next to her. "Are you okay?"
Monica simply nodded.
"Are you sure?" Gloria asked.
Monica turned her head to look at her. "Yes." She smiled widely and unabashedly. "I'm great."
Gloria blushed. She was still so turned on. She wanted to go again but she knew they should probably get back to the party. Still she lied there a little longer with Monica, soaking in the moment, enjoying the intimacy. They lied there in silence gazing longingly at each other, smiling over their secret. Their newfound bound.
"You should go back first." Monica said remembering they couldn't stay this way forever unfortunately.
Gloria sighed and nodded. "I know." She gave Monica one last kiss before she tidied herself up and returned to the party. However, Monica wasn't prepared to return to the masses. In fact, she was exhausted. All the anxiousness of the day had finally subsided. She was calm and satisfied beyond measure. A warm wave of drowsiness swallowed her whole and slowly dragged her under. Monica crawled under the covers and found herself asleep before she knew it.