11

Allen came home at the same time Brooke pulled around to his house. They met each other at the walkway. Allen took a good look at her and determined he didn't recognize her. Brooke recognized him. He was Mr. Cole. She saw him at Monica's party.
"Hi, sir. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself at Monica's party. I'm Brooke."
Allen gave a tight lipped smile and shook her hand. "You're a friend of Tiffany's?" He asked skeptically. She didn't look like a girl Tiffany would usually associate with. Why was she dressed like a boy?
"Yes and Monica." Brooke felt the tension in Mr. Cole's voice. She thought she better further explain. "Tiffany invited me over to hang out with her and Monica. I hope that's okay."
Before Allen could answer, Tiffany opened the window of her bedroom and whistled at Brooke. "Brooke, get in here! Hey Dad!" She shut her window and giggled at Monica's annoyed expression.
"You are so obnoxious." Monica said.
"I'm not. You're just nervous. It's like you guy's first cool hang out session. Don't worry. I'll be sure to give you plenty of space."
"That won't be necessary. Anyway, your mom said we had to leave the door open. I wouldn't kiss her with the possibility of someone seeing." With the possibility of Gloria seeing is what she meant.
Tiffany rolled her eyes and sighed dramatically. "She always says that when Lance comes over too. I close it anyway."
Monica wanted to respond but Tiffany's bedroom door flew open. It was Brooke, assisted by Mrs. Cole. She didn't know where Tiffany's room was. Gloria opened the door all the way. "Open." She looked at Tiffany and then at Monica. She didn't let her eyes linger as long as she wanted to but her point was well received by the intended audience.
Monica bit her lip. Gloria was cute when she was jealous.
"Got it, mom. Jesus." Tiffany mumbled.
Gloria reluctantly left them alone. Their earlier meeting replayed in her head. It had since she left the Jones home. At times it felt like maybe she had dreamed it or was making it up but she had the marks to prove it, all over her stomach and thighs. Monica made sure of that. Gloria went back downstairs and ran into her husband.
"Hey." Allen said. He was smiling. It was an odd feeling, one he hadn't experienced in a while, but he was happy to be home.
Gloria looked at the clock hanging in the foyer. He was home at a decent time. Why? "Hello." Gloria said and she kept walking but Allen pulled her back to him. She wasn't sure what was going on.
He hugged her and inhaled the scent of her hair. "It's good to see you."
Gloria's face fell to a frown. What was this all about? Why was it good to see her? She pulled away from him and took a good look at his face. "Are you feeling okay?" She asked.
Allen laughed. He was feeling great. "I'm wonderful. How about you?"
"I'm okay." Gloria looked at him skeptically before turning and walking to the kitchen. He smiled as she walked away and he headed upstairs. He felt like they really reconnected the night of Monica's party. Being around her has felt new and exciting again. He didn't know what it was but he was hoping it would last. He walked up to Tiffany's room and poked his head in.
"Hey girls!" He said cheerfully.
All of them said hi and he left them alone again. Tiffany got up and closed the door. Now that both parents had seen the door open there was no reason for them to come creep on them.
"So do you have any siblings?" Monica asked Brooke.
"Nope. I'm an only child. You?"
Monica shook her head no. "Same. It gets boring right?"
Brooke smiled. "Sometimes."
Tiffany had put on her headphones and was entertaining herself on her laptop. She was trying to make herself as invisible as possible.
"I'm glad you're feeling better. Was it like a twenty four hour bug or something like that maybe?" Brooke asked.
"Yeah. I think so." Monica nodded and looked around nervously. She wondered what Gloria was doing.
Gloria was down stairs wondering what Monica was doing. How close was Brooke sitting to her? Were they holding hands? Kissing? She grunted and banged her head against the refrigerator.
"What's wrong with you?" Jackson asked.
His tiny voice startled Gloria. "Oh. Nothing. I have a headache."
"Hitting it makes it better?" Jackson asked. That didn't make much sense to him.
"Honey, is your homework finished?" She asked.
"Uhhh... Tiffany's door is closed!" He tattled. He heard his mom when she told her to leave it open. That was one way to get the heat off of him.
"Go to your room, Jack, and finish your homework." Gloria said as she went to the bottom of the stairs. "Tiffany!" She called out. She waited for a response before yelling again. "Tiff!" She finally heard footsteps but they belonged to the wrong teenager.
"She's in the bathroom. Did you need help with something?" Monica asked when she was closer to Gloria.
"No. Jackson was being a little tattletale and told me the door was shut. What are you doing up there?"
Monica smirked. "Do you miss me?" She whispered.
"Yes. Stay for dinner." Gloria said. It took every bit of resilience she had not to put her lips on Monica. She smelled like cocoa butter and vanilla.
"Depends. What are you making?"
"What do you want?" Gloria asked.
"Ooo I get to pick?"
Gloria nodded. She knew they were playing a dangerous game with so many people roaming around the house but she honestly did not care. Monica made her feel good. She made her feel more alive than she had in a very long time.
"Pizza."
Gloria frowned. "Really?"
"Yes. Extra cheese."
"Fine. If it means you'll stay."
Monica laughed. "You're late anyway. Tiffany already invited us to dinner."
"Us?"
Monica frowned. "Yup. I tried to decline but Tiff would not take no for an answer."
"That's..." Gloria was about to say it was fine. She was just going to brush it under the rug and get over it, like she did most things, but she knows how much that irritates Monica. "That sucks actually. I don't want to watch her flirt with you at my dinner table."
"You think I want to watch Allen stare at your ass every time you get up?" Monica asked.
Gloria chuckled. "I suppose you're right."
"I am. Now order my pizza, woman." Monica teased before she went back upstairs.

__________________

  Dinner arrived in the form of three boxes. Allen answered the door and called everyone from upstairs to the table. After everyone was seated, Jackson spoke up. "Are you a boy or a girl?" His eyes were trained on Brooke.
It wasn't that big of a deal to her. Kids were always staring and asking questions like that. "I'm a girl." She answered.
"I'm sorry." Allen said. "That was extremely rude, Jackson. Apologize."
"It's really okay. He's just curious." Brooke interjected.
"So why do you dress like a boy?" Jackson wasn't at all deterred by any of his dad's statement.
"I just feel more comfortable this way."
Jackson stared at her for a bit before shrugging and opening the first pizza box. It didn't matter much to him. He wouldn't want to wear the horrible things Tiffany and Mo had to wear either.
"Okay, anyway," Tiffany said, "Dad, I took your advice for that marketing project we had to do and I got an A."
Allen smiled. "I told you." He looked over at Brooke. "Are you also a senior?" He asked.
"Yes, sir."
"Any plans for after graduation?"
"Going into the military, sir." She answered proudly. She was going to be in the Air Force like her mother, grandpa, and great grandpa.
"What?" Monica said. "I didn't know that. Aren't you scared?" She asked.
Brooke smiled. Monica's genuine concern was flattering. "A little but I think I'll be okay."
"Well, I think it's admirable. Don't you, sweetie?" Allen asked his wife who was uncharacteristically quiet.
"Uh huh." Gloria said as she cut her pizza and ate a piece with her fork.
Monica chuckled. "What are you doing?" She asked.
"What do you mean?" Gloria was puzzled.
"She means why are you eating pizza like a freak?" Tiffany said laughing.
"What is wrong with the way I eat pizza? Am I supposed to just stuff it in my mouth?" She asked.
"Uh yeah!" Jackson said. "Like this!" He rolled his slice of pizza up and crammed as much as he could between his teeth.
"Gross!" Tiffany shouted.
Brooke and Monica laughed and Jackson's antics. He was such a silly little boy.
Dinner continued and the conversation around the table flowed freely. Gloria fought the temptation to sulk every time Brooke made Monica smile.
"So what young man has the honor of taking you ladies to the senior winter dance?" Allen cleared his throat. "Or uh young lady."
Brooke's cheeks burned red. She was planning to ask Monica, but she had been so nervous. With her not being out and everything.
"Lance if he gets his shit together." Tiffany said.
"Tiffany Cole." Gloria said sternly. She hated when she used such foul language. Monica liked the tone of her voice. She imagined Gloria saying her name like that while she bossed her around.
"Oh. Sorry." Tiffany smiled and helped herself to another slice.
"What about you girls?" Allen asked looking at Brooke and Monica. "Do I sense a little connection here maybe?"
Gloria gritted her teeth. "Allen, don't embarrass them."
"I'm not. I'm not." Allen smiled. He wasn't blind though. Everyone could see it. Brooke was all about Monica.
"I might not go." Monica said. She was uneasy and didn't know how else to diffuse the tension.
"Like hell you're not." Tiffany argued.
Gloria put down her fork and knife. "Young lady you have a filthy mouth."
"Dad doesn't care when I curse." Tiffany pointed out.
"Hell yeah!" Jackson shouted for no reason other than he thought he could get away with it in the moment.
"I read somewhere that people that curse regularly tend to be smarter." Monica said.
"Oh really?" Gloria asked sarcastically. "Well your friend here should be a genius."
"Duh. I am." Tiffany flipped her hair and smiled at Monica. "Right, Mo?"
"Mhm." Monica agreed while she sipped her water.
"Anyway, I made a pie for dessert." Gloria said. "I'll go cut a few slices. Monica why don't you help me?" She asked.
Monica followed the older woman into the kitchen and before she could say a word, Gloria pulled her into a passionate kiss. A throaty moan made itself heard from Monica's mouth.
"You're such a tease." Gloria said as she held Monica's body close to hers.
"Am not. I didn't do anything." Monica said.
"Do you really think she's that funny or were you just trying to be polite?" Gloria was referring to all the times Monica basically threw herself at Brooke. Laughing at her jokes, putting her hand on her shoulder. It left Gloria seething and wanting Monica, badly.
Monica smirked. "What? You don't think she's funny?"
Gloria pinched the young girls ass and made her squeal. She covered her mouth. "I wish I could take you upstairs and make you moan my name right now." Gloria husked into her ear.
Monica squeezed her thighs together. She wanted the same thing. Gloria was being the tease now.
"When we go back to the table, keep your hands to yourself and stop being so disrespectful." Gloria wasn't sure what came over her but she felt so territorial. Monica liked it. She wanted to be possessed.
"Yes ma'am." She said silently.
Gloria let her go and began cutting the pie. She handed Monica a couple of plates. "Go."
"Can I have another kiss?" She whispered.
Gloria smiled and delivered the tender gift.
"Thank you." Monica said before exiting the kitchen.
Gloria sighed and fantasized about the next time they would be alone. Soon wasn't nearly soon enough.