Kenzie And Her Family (Backstory)

(Some person *not tryna be rude so sorry* said that my book moves to fast, so I'm going to do a backstory for Kenzie because you guys have basically been in the dark about her life and her suicidal thoughts and actions. This is just a small but of help to get you "knowing* her character.)

(Third Person)

McKenzie Dorian Green was born November 2nd 2000 in Kaiser, twelve minutes after her brother McKinnon David Green. She weighed 6 pounds and 2 ounces, while her brother weighed 9 pounds and 8 ounces. Her parents were Justine Green and Michael Green. She was sick as a baby, and was very small for her age. In kindergarten the teacher thought that she was a little sibling. Not a student.

All and all, McKenzie was very smart. Her grades were perfect and she had a happy personality. Everyone in the neighborhood adored her. When she was going around selling candy bars for the school, everybody got one. They all loved her. When she was in 3rd grade, her teacher said at a parent teacher conference, " McKenzie has much more potential and smarts then I can even comprehend. At age 8. Imagine her at 12, 13, 17? She has smarts and potential that I can't help. " So her parents did what was necessary. They moved her up into the 4th grade. At age 8. When she turned 9 she was in the 4th grade still but they believe that she should get moved up to the 5th. Her brother was humiliated because he was a grade behind her. Though he didn't tell her, he holds that grudge. So they refused.

When she was 10 in the 6th grade, her world was rocked. First, her parents got divorced from 13 years of marriage. Their mother got custody and they saw their dad only on the weekends. Hehe hated her parents. Why would they rip apart such a perfect family?

Then, in the summer between the 6th and 7th grade, her house got a call. It was in the middle of the night and she was at the dining room table reading a book. Her mom was asleep and her brother was probably playing stupid video games. She picked up the phone. That's when her world was crushed. Her father had died. At a shooting in a mall. She screamed at the top of her lungs and fell to the ground. Crying. Alarming her mother. Her mother ran down the stairs and picked up the phone. Then starts shaking. Mac will not know until the morning. She was never the same since.

During 7th grade, the suicidal thoughts started happening. She first cut her wrists. Her brother caught her, unsure of what to do. He called his mom and they called 911.

The second suicide attempt was exactly the same. She cut way too deep that time and caused permanent scars. Her mom found her and called 911. She cut off herself from everyone after that. Then laid back on the suicide attempt for 2 years.

Freshman year. She was under a lot of stress and wanted her father. She wanted to die also. She wanted to be with him. She found her mom's gun in the cabinet. She made a split decision and pulled the stiff trigger. It was on safety. Her brother found her before she could take it off and end her life.

Sophomore year, she met Jack. Jack was a quiet kid model of the time, but wasn't shy. She has a crush on him instantly. One day he surprised her by asking her out. She said yes. Her real, self came back. Leaving her suicidal thoughts for what seemed good, but then a year later. Junior year, she tried again.

She tried to kill herself when her mom married a Juan. Juan and his annoying daughter Alicia.  She ran off at the reception to the middle of the woods that were a mile away. She didn't know anyone was following her. She was about to slit her wrists and then Jack came. He coaxed her to stop and then she told him about everything and he hugged her. Not letting go and never truly trusted her again.

She graduated with a 3.5 grade point average. She moved out on her own right after, to a little apartment in the hills. Meanwhile,  her boyfriend got a spot in a boy band.  That brings us to the start of this book.