Your

2019

I wake up. Sad as ever for this dreadful anniversary. 2 years since McKenzie died. I remember it all to well. All to well. My phone buzzes and its a text from Jonah.

Jo : Hey
D : Hi
Jo : 2 years
D : yep
Jo : I'll let you have this day to yourself
D : I think I'm just going to do what I usually do
Jo : Scroll through her insta
D : yes
Jo : if you need anything or just someone to talk to
D : Yep

I set down the phone. Limelights dont know a thing about my hospital visits and mental breaks. Nothing. It's my decision if they know. I look go on her page and comment on her last photo. " I miss you every day. " It's the only way I can cope. Commenting when I miss her the most. Then I hit the live button. I'm going to go on live. Maybe they can cheer me up a little.

" Hey- Hey- Hey, guys. " I sigh. Dang it. Why did I get so choked up. " Am I okay? Yes, well. No. I'm not at all actually. Thoughtful to ask. " I groan in my head. Okay I said that now they are going to be like, ' What happened!!!! ' I guess I could tell them. I know they are loyal fans. But I won't be looked at the same way. " What happened? Stuff I don't talk about to fans. " Shoot. Now I'm gonna cry like a two year old. I wipe my face a little. Determined not to cry. " You want me to tell? " I chuckle a little. " I will. " I text Jack quickly.

D : Can I tell about Kenzie on live.
J : Leave out my name, I get enough hate
D : K
J : Leave out my name
D : I said K
J : okay

" I'm back, anyways. So what's been bothering me is about a girlfriend I've had. " I say. Tearing up. " We dated for about four months in 2017. " I say. A tear falls down my face. I wipe it quickly. I see a comment , "did she break your heart " I shake my head. " No, she didn't break my heart. She died. " I put my face in my hands for a second. Masking that I'm bawling silently. All the comments are filled with, " What", " OMG" I nod. " Her name was Kenzie. Mackenzie Green. " I say. " She had this rare blood disease and it killed her in her sleep. While she was- was laying on my ch-chest. " I'm shaking. " I woke up and she was dead. " I breathe. " I loved her...." All the comments are crying emojis. " Well, I never told anyone. Jonah, thank you for being there for me through it and her family. I'm still sorry. "

I put my face in my hands. Crying. " Did the band members know her? Yes. " I say. " How old would she be. She would be nineteen right now. Her birthday was November 2nd 2000. " I sigh. " I miss her. " I say. " So much... I fought for her literally. " I say. " Yeah. I broke someone's nose. Her ex to be exact. I also fought her brother and I've, been in a jail cell for it. Psych evaluations for it. " I sigh and I see question marks. " Psych, that's a mental hospital basically. I have had four evaluations there in the psych.  People thought I was crazy. Because of that. Yes, but I don't care. I was in therapy. They said my brain couldn't react to trauma or shock well there for, it just goes crazy. No control. Either that means I can't move of won't stop moving. " I sigh. " I don't control it. But what can I say? I've gotten better and I haven't had a break-" I remember to put quotations. "- since last year. 2018. So yeah, I just spilled my guts on a live. Never thought I'd be the one to do this but. I did. " I take a deep breath. "Bye. " then I turn off the live. All I'm going to do is see tea pages talking about me. I could care less. Sometimes.

No one's POV

As Daniel sat there on earth, the anniversary of her death. Kenzie was in heaven, looking down at him. How established Why Don't We was becoming in pop culture. She knew, now. Without her body which was buried beneath the ground, that he was meant for something much bigger. That he should let her go. But he can't.