3

(present time)

"Are you sure"

"Oh I am sure, more sure than i have ever been"

" Taylor do you know how long it has been since i have been back there... any of us have been back there"

" Lauren i am well aware, but i know what i saw"

" If he really was there, there has to be a reason why. Why was he there?"

" Don't know.. I just know that i saw him, I left as soon as i saw him."

" Well you did the right thing, Thank you so much for your help"

" Just be carefully he has his family"

" They don't scare, I am the one they should be fearing, I am going to be okay. Taylor I finally found him"

I give Taylor a hug, grab my bag, and jump in my car. Before I knnow it i am on the freeway towards Mystic Falls. I do not even know what i am going to do, what am i going to tell him, what a I going to do to him. My head is spinning, so I turn on the radio. I clear my head for the drive ahead of me.

( a week later)

I pull up to Town Square, I looks way different from the last time i was here. There are so many people walking around, with dogs, on bikes, and sitting on the grass. I park my car and get out. As I am walking towards a place called the Mystic Grill, a girl bumps in to me.

" Oh sorry i did not mean to, I am in a rush.... Wait are you neew to town I don't remember your face, and I know everyones face" she says all to fast.

" It is okay, and yes i just drove in, actually i am here visting family," I say with a smile. Her face lits up and says "Oh really which family? I know them all." I was hoping she would say that. " The Michaelson," I say then her face looks confused. My heart dropped, it look as if Taylor didn't see him here.

" They live in the second biggest house in town," she says and my heart starts to beat uncontrollably. " Who are you to them, I thought they didnt have anymore family," she askes confused.

"I am extended family, we haven't talked in a while." I tell the blone girl in front of me.

" Well i should be going, Anyways it was nice to meet you, I hope i will be seeing you later." she says while extending her hand to me. I shake her hand and she walks off. My belly hurts, I am very hungry. I walk into The Mystic Grill and sit at a table. A cute blonde waiter serves me. When I am done eating a pay and tip the waiter, as I am walking out i walking into a guy with dark hair

" ugh i am just walking intoeveryone today," I laugh and look up. When our eyes look at each other i realize that it was Damon.

" 45 years and thats all you can say to me?" he said with his hand on my shoulder. " Oh Damon we have got to stop meeting this way" I said as i hugged him.

" What does Mystic Falls owe the pleasure to have you here?" he askes as we sit down at the bar. " I think i found what i was looking for all those years ago." i say and Damon blue eyes widen. " are you sure?"

"I think, he is supposed to live here with his family" i say and order a drink. " Are you going to tell me who this mystery guy is now?" Damon says as he sips his drink.

" Niklaus Michaelson is his name" I say and take a drink as Damone spits his out. " Klaus is the guy you have been looking for. really?" he askes surprised.

"Yes. I take it you know him." i say standing up. " know him, thats funny" he laughs. " What is it Damon, do you are not" I asked annoyed.

" I can take you to him, If you want." he says. My heart fastens and a huge smile comes on my face. " really, he is here, now" I ask not believing him.

" Lets go" he says then throws some money on the bar for our drinks. when we are in the car my head is spinning, I really finally found him. After so many years of looking i found him. I don't even know what to do. A part of me thinks this is not real, that i am dreaming. And a part of me think that my years of heartace are over. We pull up to a rather large house and get out.

" This is it Lauren, do you want me to go in, I now know what he is capable of" he says with his hand on my shoulder. " No I will be fine, thank you Damon, I will see you soon this might get bloody" i say and start to walk to the door.