Chapter 5: Exceeding the Expectation

Sorry for the really really late update, but I'm back baby!

Status: Unedited and Rushed!
-

          [Name] watched Todoroki's fight against Izuku with a somber expression, already knowing how hard it was on him. She felt her anger rise when she glanced to see the familiar orange burning flames roaring around a familiar ass of a hero.

        Calming herself, she continued to watch. Midoriya had managed to get a punch in, but it also seemed like Shouto got him with his frost. If he wasnt that good in close combat that meant-

       "He used his full power when he fought with Sero-chan." She mumbled as she continued to watch. Todoroki got up coughing and wheezing before narrowing his eyes more as he sent another wave of ice. Izuku managed to dodge, swiveling on his feet as Todoroki came rushing in and jumping back from the short blast he sent.

       "Please be careful, Shouto-kun... Izuku-chan.." She prayed silently, hands clasped together. Shouto sent another wave, noticing he wasnt able to make a complete fist but was shocked when he lifted his shaky thumb to his mouth. "SMASH!" He yelled, a powerful blast ranging out once again as it sent the both of them flying. Todoroki stopped himself from propelling even more using his ice.

        "Why are you going so far?" Todoroki whispered as he shakily stood back up. "Shouto-kun..?" (Y/n) whispered. "Because I want to live up to everyone's expectations..." This made Todoroki flinch a bit.

      "I want to be able to smile... and respond to them... to be a cool hero. That's what I want to be!" Izuku shouted as he shakily rushed in again. Todoroki was too shocked and suprised that he wasnt able to block or dodge his punch again, stumbling back as Izuku fell to the ground but yet again rushed to stand up.

      "Everyones giving it their all!" He yelled. "Theres no way I know all of your circumstances, or your resolve," Izuku started as he fell to a half of one knee stance. "But for you to become number one without giving it your all, to completely reject your father," A flashback resounded through both of Shouto's and (Name)'s head.

       "Right now, I think you should stop screwing around!" (Name) was shocked beyond belief at Izuku's words, but she smiled, understanding what he was meant to do.

      I believe in you, Izuku. You... and only you, can reach that spot inside of him.

       She felt her heart ache, as she shakily stood up, catching everyones attention. She sucked in as much breath as she could as both her and Izuki shouted in unison.

     "ITS YOUR POWER, ISNT IT?!"

      "ITS YOUR POWER, SHOUTO-CHAN! I BELIEVE YOU IN!"

        This made Izuku shakily turn to look up at the balcony to see tears rushing down (Name)'s cheeks, but she kept her usual smile on as she cheered for Izuku also. Meanwhile, something had opened up in Shouto, his eyes widened as fire began to grow on his left side.

       "T-This is...!" Present Mic stammered in the microphone. (Name) couldnt help but stare at the beautiful sight of his flames, ignoring the burning stares she received.

      "Even though you want to win... to help your enemy... which one of us is screwing around now?" Todoroki asked as his flames roared. "I want.. to be a hero, too..!" (Name) couldnt help but pull a random person into a hug, which was indeed Mina, and hold up her fists as if she was a proud mother.

    "IM SO PROUD OF YOU, SHOUTO-CHAN!! IM SO PROUD!" She sobbed into Mina's shoulder, who simply stared at her with a smile and a sweat drop while patting her back.

     "SHOOOOUUUTTTOOOO!" They all turned to see his "proud" father walking towards them. "HAVE YOU FINALLY ACCEPTED YOURSELF? THATS IT! GOOD!" He praised. (Name) glowered deeply at the man, wanting nothing more but to say some non-child friendly words.

     "Endeavor suddenly starts shouting out praises? Such a doting father!" Even Aizawa knew that was so much of a lie. Meanwhile, Izuku was smiling, even grinning almost. "Wow..." He breathed out. "Why are you smiling? With those injuries... in this situation... your crazy?" Todoroki looked up with a serious look as Izuku frowned almost but also got serious.

     "Dont blame me for what happens next."  Slamming his foot on the ground, a whole bunch of ice began to build up along with Izuku, who's body began to glow. (Name), seeing as they were getting too too serious, quickly called out to the proheros.

    "MIDNIGHT-SENSEI! THIS STADIUM WONT BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND THEIR POWERS!" Now seeing this, the Cement hero also began to use his quirk, calling out to Midnight that she was right. Midnight cursed and ripped open her suit, letting her quirk spill out of it.

      Even so, the two boys let their power show, Todoroki raising his hand as it glowed immensely strong with heat. "Midoriya..." Midoriya came swooping in, thrusting his hand back as it continued to glow.

    "Thanks."

      And with that, (Name) shielded her eyes from the immense glow and force of air that whipped her hair around. "How hot was that?! Hey hey, who won the match?!" Everyone peered down in the stadium to have their eyes widen in shock.

      Midoriya was by the wall, out of bounds stumbling until he fell down. Shouto himself was still standing, panting heavily from the immense amount of power he used. "M- Midoriya is out of bounds!"

     "Todoroki-kun advances to the next round!"

      Todoroki's uniform was an absolute mess, showing his abs and his back muscles as he continued to pant. His eyes went up to see (Name) smiling down at him, grinning from ear to ear, eyes sending him a mesaage.

    I'm so proud of you, Shouto-chan!

      Thank you, (Name).

-

        "Shouto-kun! I'm so proud of you!" (Name) wrapped her arms around the bicolored male, causing him to blink a bit as his cheeks flushed a bit from his actual skin coming in contact with hers. Releasing him, she sniffled as tears rose in her eyes.

    "I'm so happy Izuku-chan was able to get to you! I was so afraid you both were gonna get so hurt!" She wept, his hand reaching up to wipe at her eyes. She smiled as he caressed her cheek. "I'm alright, (Name)-san." She nodded. "I'm so glad. You managed to use it. I dont care if you never use it again, I'm just so happy, Shouto. You deserve so much better!"

      His cheeks flushed again as he averted his eyes almost timidly. "Please stop embarrassing me." He mumbled, making her giggle before patting his head. "Sorry, sorry." She took a glance at his uniform before deadpanning a bit, tilting her head as her eyes closed. "Y- You just had to go burn off all of your clothes?"

     He looked down. "Oh, sorry." She shook her head. "I'm just playing with you. Let's go get you changed up! Your next fight is with Bakugou-kun." Shouto tensed up a bit, but shook his head, grabbing her arm softly.

     "Wait, (Name)-chan." She blinked before turning around. "Ah, yes-?" She was suddenly softly pushed up against the wall, Todoroki staring down at her with a serious expression.

     Gulping, she smiled awkwardly. "S-Shouto...-kun..?" He softly let his hand come up to stay on her cheek. He traced the outline of her jawline, making her shiver a bit as she blushed deeply. "S-S-Shouto-kun...?!" He leaned down and whispered in her head.

     "Theres something... I need to tell you."