Chapter 10: Gear Up For the Final Exams

a/n: heres another chapter that isnt so angsty. Sorry if i made the reader seem depressed and sad :((

Edit: this was mainly a filler chapter but it still goes with the story. If I got any of the rankings wrong, please tell me!!

-

"Alright, that's it for class that's it for today. There's one more week before the final exams. Im sure you've all been studying, right? There's the written portion, and there's also the practical portion you all should be worried about." He glanced back at them.

"Good luck." And with that, he closed the door. Everyone went on a rukus, especially Mina and Denki. "WE'VE BARELY HAD TIME TO STUDY!" Denki exclaimed in utter despair, whilist Mina laughed.

"Ha, as someone who scored in the top 10, im fine!" Denki and Mina screamed at him, wondering how he did. "Mina, Denki!" Deku smiled cutely. "Don't worry! We have some time to study! That means you can still score good on the finals!"

"Deku-san, that's so cute of you to say!" [Name] smiled. She had scored 3rd on the midterms, which was tied with someone else.

"Yes! As class rep, im sure you all will score high enough to make UA proud!" He, of course, had scored high enough, taking second place.

Todoroki walked up beside her, eyeing Denki out the corner of his eye. "Its pretty hard to fail if you pay attention during class." He had scored fifth.

Denki clutched his chest. "Why did you have to cut me down like that?!"

Momo was sitting on her throne, being she did place first. Her hand folded to her chest in a fancy manor. "Hey, don't worry, you two. I can catch you up on the important subjects if you'd like." Denki and Mina both let out noises of agreement. "Thanks Yaomomo, You're the best!!" But, some things sometimes had a downside. "But, I won't be any help on the practical, though.." Todoroki blinked at her.

         "I've been studying, but, could you help me out, too?" Kyouka wondered as she stepped up to Momo's desk. She hadn't scored a bad one, but it still means she has room for some work. She had scored 7th. "I'm having some trouble understanding Quadratic Functions." She smiled sheepishly. "Really?" Sero cut In between.

       "Tutor me, please!" He has scored horribly to be honest, managing to catch 17th place. "Classical Japanese is killing me!" Ojiro stepped over, shoulders slump a bit. "Is there room for one more? I'm afraid I'm falling behind a little." He scores one point after Jiro, which would be 8th place. They all asked in unison, making the girl sparkle. Jumping out of her seat, she cheered.

      "Yes!! Let's do it!" The other three grinned. "All right!" Momo, too deep into her fantasy, had begun to talk and talk about stuff they didn't even know about, but it seemed like they didn't care.

       "Well, seems like everyone's teaming up with her for the exams. What about you?" Kirishima looks down at Bakugo, who seemed to be burning in fury. "You think I don't know the damn lessons? I'll punch it into your damn skull." He had tied for 3rd with [Name] somehow. The class, not knowing of their breakup, claimed that it was a couples intuition, or something of that nature. [Name] just awkwardly waved it off.

——

            "I'm kinda scared about the practical. No one knows what it's gonna be."

        [Name] smiled. "Don't be like that, Midoriya-chan." Iida nodded as he clasped his hands together. "Yeah, I doubt they'd give us anything too crazy." He reassured. "The written exam questions would just be based off of what we learned in class, so," He munched on his lunch. "I should at least be able to do those."

       Ochako, who seemingly sat across from Izuku, went stale. She had scored 13th place. "Do you really think it'll be that simple?" She ignored the slightly annoyed mismatched eyes that seemed to glance at her from time to time. "Man, but it's driving me nuts to not know what they'll be having us doing."

         "Just try to get it off your mind," [Name] then perked up and held her hand out. "Here, why not try some home baked cookies I made?" Izuku flushed a bit but nodded. "Ah, th-thanks [Name]!" She waved him off. "Don't worry about it." Turning to look down at her food as Ochako and Izuku continued to converse, she seemed to notice Todoroki's state at her hands.

        Blinking, she looked down at them before holding in the giggles she wanted to let out. "Did you want some cookies too, Todoroki-kun?" Todoroki nodded, letting his hand reach out for one. The female felt tingles run down her spine when their hands brushed past each other. And just like that, she had remembered what he had told her at the sports festival.

        "I think they're great, [Name]-san." He turned his eyes and glanced back up at her but was confused and slightly surprised to see her cheeks burning, eyes averted as she coughed into her fists. "A- Ahem. T- Thank you.." She choked a bit and swiftly grabbed her bowl of rice again, shoveling the food into her mouth.

       Having been done with her talking, Tsuyu let her eyes travel to [Name], a slight deadpan teaching her face as she let her finger slide up to her mouth. "Uhm, are you okay, ribbit?" They turned their attention to [Name], who ignored their glances and let the bowl go back down onto the table, cheeks filled with rice.

        She let her throbbing jaw chew it all before swallowing it all harshly. Curling her fingers into a fist, she pounded it against her chest.

       "—I'm fine!" After parting the girls back, Izuku took a glance at Todoroki, who seemed to be glancing at [Name] with a small smile.

       I wonder what Todoroki's relationship is with [Name].

        Shrugging, he went back to his lunch.
————————————————————-

THIS UPDATE IS SO LATE BUT WHO CARES I FINALLY DID IT GUYS. also you'll find out what he told her later into the story :)